Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Invos vs. Toyo Proxes 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The first thing I noticed when I put the Invo's on the car was the grip. It seemed to grab better than the stock tires. They are very quiet, not much road noise at all. I lowered the car at the same time, and with that said, the comfort of the ride did change, but I attribute it to the lowering springs. I have about 7000 miles on my Invo's with no real problems. The only thing I ever noticed was a slight hydroplaning issue when I was entering the interstate on a very curved entrance ramp in the rain. I "took flight" for a very brief, keen moment of time. I am certain there were several contributing factors to account for other than the tires alone.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Forget the invos and get the Nitto RT-05!!! If they made my sizes those are what I would be getting. Right now I have continentals which suck so I am getting the new Bridgestone RE-11 which is supposed to be way better than the invos. Not many like the invo on the vette forums. RE-11 is softer than the invo.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
Straight Up.

Nitto Invos vs. Toyo Proxes 4? Which one would you get? Why?

I'm looking for answers based off of performance, road noise, and looks (I know, it's a tire, but still...). Money is not an issue between the two for me at this point.

If a set of each was sitting there, which one would you put on your car?

BTW, I'm getting 295/30/20s in the rear and 255/35/20s in the front.
No offense but every time I hear the name Mike from Cuzin Concepts and how he said this, it's always scary bad. This has happened at least several dozen times which is enough to notice.

The Invos are not cheap tires, they are actually some of the most expensive out there.

I don't know why you would get that sizing setup, this is basically one of the worst possible ones that you could buy if you were a sane person in terms of performance.

Speaking of the Toyo Proxes 4 and Invos I've tried them against pretty much every other tire looking for the perfect comfort tire for another car which had 20s and could only take 25 profile tires

Toyo Proxes 4 - they're not particularly significant in having low road noise nor are they particularly significant at anything else. I'm not sure why anyone would say these are better than invos.

Invos - these are actually the quietest tires you can buy, by far, but they're not very comfortable and after a certain point of quietness it's not that big of an issue. They are also very average in terms of performance. While their tread design looks like it was designed for racing the Invos are COMFORT tires, which they succeed at pretty average at besides being the quietest tires you can buy. They are more comfortable and have more traction than the Proxes 4s.

@ war machine, - the Invos suck in the winter.

You can do much much better than everything you've listed unless you care about having the quietest tires money can buy. If you PM me the size dimensions of wheel you have, horsepower, and if you're interested in drag racing or handling I can post a recommendation.

Last edited by Legion5; 09-08-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

They don't make an invo in 295/30r20, or I would get them. For that size you have the choice of the Toyo all season tire or an expensive Pirelli P-Zero. You can get the good Toyos in a 305/30r20, which is what I have been considering lately for my rears.

My brother runs the Invo in a 345 width on his vette and even with the STS putting about 572 hp to the wheels, he can launch like crazy and barely spin, even on a 4k rpm launch. I only wish I could fit a 345 under the back fenders.

If you stick to a 275/35r20 (or 30% sidewall) you can get the Invo or the Proxes 4 as far as I know, but then you don't have enough rubber on the road..
Old 09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Invos do come in 295/30/20s...

And Legion, I'll send you a PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I have Invo's on my Mustang in 18's. I like them. Great tire with great traction and very quite. A lot better than the stock Pirelli's. I notice a lot better grip in the rain.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
Invos do come in 295/30/20s...
Hmm.. Can't find them on the Nitto site.. They show 295/25r20 and 295/35r20 but no 295/30r20.. are they new or something?

They have a 285/30r20, which is close to stock radius, only .3 inches smaller, but thats three quarters of an inch less rubber on the road than a pair of 295's and an inch and a half less rubber than a 305.. In my mind, when you are fighting for traction so much with these mustangs, every inch of rubber counts.

The widest they make in a 555 is 285 (in a 20).

The Toyo Proxes 4 does make a 295/30r20 but its an all season tire.. I can't imagine those hook up real well with FI.. The Toyo Proxes T1R comes in a 305/30, and it looks like a great tire for summer.. They are more expensive than any Nitto Invo though..

Searching around, it looks like the Goodyear Eagle F1's have a 295/30r20, and I have been hearing good things about the F1 supercars... The Pirelli P-Zeros are the most expensive, about double the price of the Nitto Invo..

In a 305/30R20, you have the Pirellis and the Toyo T1Rs, and both are in the $400 to $500 range per tire.

If there is a different brand (other than General) that makes a soft summer 295/30R20 or 305/30R20 I would sure like a link to where I can get them.. The alternatives are the 285/30 which is good but not the widest you can get back there, or a 35% sidewall which is, in my opinion, too tall, especially when matched with a 255/35r20 up front. I like my tires to be the same diameter and sidewall size.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM
CruizinConcepts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Legion5
No offense but every time I hear the name Mike from Cuzin Concepts and how he said this, it's always scary bad. This has happened at least several dozen times which is enough to notice.

The Invos are not cheap tires, they are actually some of the most expensive out there.

I don't know why you would get that sizing setup, this is basically one of the worst possible ones that you could buy if you were a sane person in terms of performance.

Speaking of the Toyo Proxes 4 and Invos I've tried them against pretty much every other tire looking for the perfect comfort tire for another car which had 20s and could only take 25 profile tires

Toyo Proxes 4 - they're not particularly significant in having low road noise nor are they particularly significant at anything else. I'm not sure why anyone would say these are better than invos.

Invos - these are actually the quietest tires you can buy, by far, but they're not very comfortable and after a certain point of quietness it's not that big of an issue. They are also very average in terms of performance. While their tread design looks like it was designed for racing the Invos are COMFORT tires, which they succeed at pretty average at besides being the quietest tires you can buy. They are more comfortable and have more traction than the Proxes 4s.

@ war machine, - the Invos suck in the winter.

You can do much much better than everything you've listed unless you care about having the quietest tires money can buy. If you PM me the size dimensions of wheel you have, horsepower, and if you're interested in drag racing or handling I can post a recommendation.
No offense, I know that the invos are more money then the proxes 4's. The invo's are a all around better tire then the proxes 4's. What I was telling him was. For the money that I can sell him the proxes 4's for. The proxes 4 tires would be the best tire for the money. If I had to choose between the invos or the proxes 4 tires and I had the money. I would go with the invos.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.invo

Last edited by CruizinConcepts; 09-10-2009 at 09:38 AM.