Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

list your problems with your '05

Old 07-13-2005, 06:17 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

Default RE: list your problems with your '05

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Since day one of getting ours I have noticed the passenger side windshield water sprayer drips and leaves water lines on the hood after its been used. The other side does not. Did show the mechanics but just haven't had time to take it in to be looked at closer yet. Haven't seen anyone else complain about this yet....
Mine does it on the driver's side. I noticed it just the other day and it even spills out more fluid while turning after you use the sprayer. It's kind of annoying since it leaves water streaks on the car.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:27 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I have had 2 problems. The Shaker one where it spits CDs out, and my power lumber doesn't work. Nothing serious although I should probably get those things fixed.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

My sprayers dribble on BOTH sides.

I figure it would be fruitless to try to get them fixed.

Instead.. I am going to go to a junkyard and swipe the "On Wiper Blade" unit off of an LTD, Lincoln or Monarch. then maybe turn the things on the hood into turn signal indicators.

Most of my "problems" are annoying things... No hurry to fix them, so I am compiling a "List" to have everything worked on in one drop off at the dealership.

- My Fog Light Reflecters are coated with some smoky crap!

- My Drivers Side Rear Window doesn't always come all the way up and I have to "Pull" it out with my hand.

- Sometimes it is a bear to get my roof to contact the windshield well enough to latch it. It never actually quite makes it to the windshield.

- My AC doesn't work worth a crap if it is above 90 degrees.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

Just the fuel tank thing so far for me.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

Ditto on the fuel tank thing with me also. But only at certain stations.

Kathy
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

OK, I have to RANT for a minute...

Day I bought the car, lid wouldn't go all the way up, when we finally got it latched, there was a GAP between lid and passenger side window, they ordered a part and meantime told me to keep the lid up. 2 weeks later part finally comes in, then they BREAK the back window when installing new part! After that I was without my baby FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!!! No apology from the dealership, no compensation no nothing. Once they finally took another lid off another 05, top still doesn't line up all the way right, so I have to muscle it into place every time, but do not want to deal with them any more. When they finally installed the new roof, they put 3 DENTS into the drivers side door, so now my 3 month old car has had a new roof, and body work done!

As for non dealership problems, seem to have a leak in the muffler, not sure if a problem or not. The main thing that bothers me is when making hard turns at low speeds (like backing into parking stall), LOUD popping noise (dealership says normal), other than that I have had no problems with the gas tank or wipers, guess I 'm lucky there.

V6 Convertible, Black and Tan and Tan Leather.................
Old 07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Wow,
This looks like you didn't hold their feet to the fire and let them walk all over you.
You should have strung them up by the *****.

whats with the name, or is that part of the problem

J/K

[quote]ORIGINAL: FemmeCanuck

"After that I was without my baby FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!!! No apology from the dealership, no compensation no nothing."
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

I did, sort of. They were refusing to help me out at all and told me it would still be another 2-3 months before they could get me a new lid, so I went to another dealership, who gave me the phone # for the Regional Manager of Ford Canada (yes hence the Canuck) and he got me back into my car within 4 business days with a top from another car, which I had suggested since day one that they broke it... I did get lifetime oil changes out of it, but had that BEFORE they broke the window, that was for selling me a defective car.........

[quote]ORIGINAL: showam1

Wow,
This looks like you didn't hold their feet to the fire and let them walk all over you.
You should have strung them up by the *****.

whats with the name, or is that part of the problem

J/K

Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM
05RoushGT

Same as most here.

Popping noise while turning - usually from a stand still as most have said
Fuel difficult to fill as some gas stations
CD not the best in the world
Old 07-15-2005, 07:09 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

1) Intermitent spealing noise from under the hood. I used my stethoscope to find a defective belt tensioner bearing. The dealer confirmed this. A new belt tensioner will be here next week.
2) Defective passenger door latching mechanism. (result: unable to unlock the passenger door with the remote transmitter) Part was replaced. Works perfectly now.
3) Rear wheels frequently loose traction resulting in accelerated tire wear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: list your problems with your '05