Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust Ideas?

I'm heavily leaning towards Boomtubes, but just wanted to get some second opinions before I pull the trigger. The sound I am looking for is deep, rumbling, and loud...keep in mind I have shorty headers and a catted H. Anything else out there that I should look at? Mid-mufflers? Just wondering what will give me the best sound with my setup.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Hey bro I think that the 3" Magnaflow Magnapack Catbacks will give you the sound your looking for and should add a few ponies as well. If you want I am willing to meet up with you in person (we live close to each other) and let you hear it on the same Bullitt H-Pipe you are going to get as well. It is BY FAR the deepest your gonna get without removing the cats. Just PM me if you want to check them out. I wouldn't mind seeing your car in person either its sick.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I personally think the Mac's sound awesome. I had the SLP's but am switching to the Mac a/b. I have heard them quite a few times with different setups and they sound perfect. They have nice deep tone, and a great sound at idle.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Brandon, I might take you up on that sometime soon! Are the Magnapacks really that much deeper than Boomtubes? Also, how loud are they compaired to Boomtubes?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, I have never heard Boom Tubes in person I have seen videos, but what I do know is that I had Borla Stingers which are pretty close to Boomtubes from what I understand and the 3" Magnaflows Blow them OUT of the water. Also sorry it took me so long to reply, and sorry to read about your tranny on S197 this morning =( hope you can get it fixed bro.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Mid muffler sounds awesome with my shorties and catted X, should sound just as good on an H. Deep, loud but not obnoxious and very little drone.

I get compliments from guys with big blocks and a GT500 owner in my club hates my exhaust because it sounds so much better then his :P

Last edited by Starfire; 09-08-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

if you're looking for "deep, rumbling and loud" then boomtubes are exactly like that.

if you want to make sure you like them, just unbolt and remove your axlebacks. The boomtubes are straight pipes that very mildly smooth out the peaks of the sound waves and nothing more. So they will sound exactly like the car without mufflers except for their making the exhaust a less harsh.

I can't comment on MAC axlebacks but let us know if you like the car without mufflers as that's your best starting point being that it's free!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Hey bro I think that the 3" Magnaflow Magnapack Catbacks will give you the sound your looking for and should add a few ponies as well.

they won't add any ponies.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

They will if he goes F.I. which I believe he is doing eventually...
Old 09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
if you're looking for "deep, rumbling and loud" then boomtubes are exactly like that.

if you want to make sure you like them, just unbolt and remove your axlebacks. The boomtubes are straight pipes that very mildly smooth out the peaks of the sound waves and nothing more. So they will sound exactly like the car without mufflers except for their making the exhaust a less harsh.

I can't comment on MAC axlebacks but let us know if you like the car without mufflers as that's your best starting point being that it's free!

+1.

Boomtubes are pure secks.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Ideas?