Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Deletes on 10 GT!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default Muffler Deletes on 10 GT!?!?

Hey guys, I just purchased a set of Stainless Boom Tubes last night figured I'd give em a try. I wanted something a little bit different from my usual obession with Bassani, since I already have them on the 01. Anyway I was searching around on the forums of various sites and see that some people said they gain a little HP and TQ and Some are saying their loosing some due to backpressure! Do you think these guys that are loosing the HP and TQ is due to also having their Cats Removed? Do you think I will loose anything with my cats intact. Because I wont be removing the cats and if I do i'll prob switch over to a Chambered muffler! Anything Thoughts on Power loss or gain!?!? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
Hey guys, I just purchased a set of Stainless Boom Tubes last night figured I'd give em a try. I wanted something a little bit different from my usual obession with Bassani, since I already have them on the 01. Anyway I was searching around on the forums of various sites and see that some people said they gain a little HP and TQ and Some are saying their loosing some due to backpressure! Do you think these guys that are loosing the HP and TQ is due to also having their Cats Removed? Do you think I will loose anything with my cats intact. Because I wont be removing the cats and if I do i'll prob switch over to a Chambered muffler! Anything Thoughts on Power loss or gain!?!? Thanks!
i doubt they lose very much if any from cat back changes. The stockers flow pretty darn good. I changed mine to the roush and it is mainly a sound choice. Changing cats could have some affect. Im in the school of thought that the 2010 has a pretty free flowing exhaust out of the box, and while naturally aspirated, we wont see much change either way, no matter what you change.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:17 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

thanks man did you think you lost anything with your roush because isent roush muffler deletes as well only you bought their catback! You have the black GT right you posted vids!? Anyway man how do you like your roush catback?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I love this exhaust. I noticed no difference in MPG or seat of the pants power by installing it. I did post videos in my install thread. I think if you have stock cats and stock manifold, you wont see any real changes. headers and high flow cats might show you some change, but from what i have researched, the gains dont really manifest much until your forced induction.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Thanks man for the info does anyone else know if you will loose any HP with the Boom Tubes Muffler Deletes and hey Xcelsius The Roush system is a muffler delete system correct with just the piping of the catback?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

There is really no way you will lost any TQ/HP with an axle back exhaust. The restrictions is in the headers and the cats....this is where any TQ/HP gains will be made. So even a cat back exhaust will not show any loss of TQ/HP. From the cats back any change in the exhaust is just for sound and appearance.

The Roush has resonators/mufflers right after the connection to the stock H-Pipe.

I'd be interested in hearing how the Boom tubes sound. There are some muffler deletes that are pretty cheap out there and I have been thinking about picking them up.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

thanks bloodshot, ill def have a before and after vid Im kinda curious on the sound as well I heard some on a few S197's so If its not my sound I will be hitting ebay and back to my trusty Bassani Race Axle Backs!