Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a fair price for this GT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuieve
White one is sold. Grey one is salvage. Red one's owner is out of town, not calling me back (I called him a few times to arrange a test drive), the other one is manual and the other one is convertible. There's also a windveil 06, but the owner won't budge on their price, 20k firm.

That's pretty much it.
Well what are you looking for in a car and how much do you want to spend?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Nuieve

Originally Posted by 03_GT_Reaper
Well what are you looking for in a car and how much do you want to spend?
Just a regular GT auto coupe, don't care about the trim/options (as long as it's not bright red or slime green or yellow). Preferably low mileage (under 40k). Ideally $15-17k for 05-06. I would pay up to 20k but only for a very low mileage 08 or 07 with remaining warranty. Can't go above 20k.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
redstang 07

Looks to me it has an aftermarket exhaust.. maybe you should check out its added items (under the hood) could be worth the asking price...
Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuieve
Just a regular GT auto coupe, don't care about the trim/options (as long as it's not bright red or slime green or yellow). Preferably low mileage (under 40k). Ideally $15-17k for 05-06. I would pay up to 20k but only for a very low mileage 08 or 07 with remaining warranty. Can't go above 20k.
Ill keep my eye out and let you know if I find anything.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Nuieve

Originally Posted by 03_GT_Reaper
Ill keep my eye out and let you know if I find anything.
Ok!..
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Okay, here are my impressions as I looked at it:
First thing is the silly, non-stock stripes don't add any value. Plus they are pretty fugly! LOL!
It's got 40,000 miles on a 2 year old car. That's high, even if he bought it in late 2006.
It's a Deluxe, not Premium
The center foglights have been moved, which means there could be electrical problems down the road
SHR rear honeycomb piece collects water and is difficult to dry off. Plus the stock fake gas cap is gone.
It's got the front license plate mounted. Looks so bad! But that might be necessary in WA...
They don't show the engine and it might have aftermarket exhaust. Why wouldn't they show the engine? Something probably is wrong under the hood!

It's worth only about $17,000 in L.A. I know dealers love to mark stuff up about $4,000 over the market price, but that place is way off.. Just tell them how much you'll pay... and call back at the end of the month to see if they have decided to come down on price.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Okay, here are my impressions as I looked at it:
First thing is the silly, non-stock stripes don't add any value. Plus they are pretty fugly! LOL!
It's got 40,000 miles on a 2 year old car. That's high, even if he bought it in late 2006.
It's a Deluxe, not Premium
The center foglights have been moved, which means there could be electrical problems down the road
SHR rear honeycomb piece collects water and is difficult to dry off. Plus the stock fake gas cap is gone.
It's got the front license plate mounted. Looks so bad! But that might be necessary in WA...
They don't show the engine and it might have aftermarket exhaust. Why wouldn't they show the engine? Something probably is wrong under the hood!

It's worth only about $17,000 in L.A. I know dealers love to mark stuff up about $4,000 over the market price, but that place is way off.. Just tell them how much you'll pay... and call back at the end of the month to see if they have decided to come down on price.
I can promise you that the stripes are their doing, the 2 other similar cars they have for sale right now have the SAME EXACT stripes on them. Also, the front license plate IS a requirement here in WA (it blows). It also has been listed for at least 4 months that I can think of. (since beg of june) And the price hasnt changed. This place is not worth anyones time. They tried to tell me that an 04 v6 vert with 60k miles was worth 15k 2 months ago.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

wow...that is a crap deal

I paid $27,500 for my Bullitt brand new in July.

a 2yr old car with 40k @ $21k is outrageous. I agree with others, maybe $17-18k if it's in great shape.

@ the OP. Have you considered traveling to Seattle...Specifically Auburn? It's a bit of a drive, but they have at least 15-20 Dealerships out there. I bought my 03 GT at the Auburn Nissan for an amazing price at the time. There are so many Dealerships, they have to price competitively. Boosting the price $4k won't work since you can simply drive 1 block over and get a better deal
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

I posted 18 GT's a mix of 05 to 06 models for under 15k on autotrader.com if you want to find a good deal it appears you better be ready to travel to get it, there was a nice '06 model on there I even linked to it, it looked mint with 20k miles asking price 14995 in southern california, I was even interested myself, but its sold now
Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Just thought I'd throw this out there... My 08 GT Premium/IUP/manual/3.55/18" polished aluminum wheels/shaker 500/17000 miles has a value of $20,225 per my bank. That is not the amount I owe on it. I know this because I just got it refinanced so I could have smaller payments per month and it was on the receipt they gave me.

Quick Reply: What is a fair price for this GT?