Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tinted fog lights pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
fordracefan
1st Gear Member

Default tinted fog lights pictures

I've been thinking about tinting my foglights.

Can anyone with tinted fog lights post some pictures?
Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fordracefan
...Can anyone with tinted fog lights post some pictures?
After and before. A bit hard to tell but try comparing the "dazzle" from the pony in the grill to that of the lights.

I don't have a good closeup pic so thess may have to do. My headlights and fog lights are coated with a product called VEIL; a laser absorbing coating. It wasn't applied with the intent to tint but it did just that. It's about half as dark as what's sold as aftermarket tinting products and aftermarket tinted lenses but can be applied heavier than my application. VEIL can be easily removed and reapplied (sprayed or painted) and it also reduces the "punch-thru" distance that it takes a LEO to get a laser lock on you. NOT that I tend to speed (at 90 MPH and faster for long extended periods) mind you...
Attached Thumbnails tinted fog lights pictures-dsc01300.jpg   tinted fog lights pictures-dsc00975.jpg  

Last edited by Nuke; 09-19-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:47 AM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

Um I dont know who told you that that would work, but I am a cop and can tell you that you wasted your money. If the cop is using laser he is aiming at your grill not your headlights but most cops use radar. I know of most of the radar/ laser blocking products out there and have never seen one that works. Im not going to tell you to slow down because I dont slow down when driving my stang but we all know where the cops sit to catch speeders, just slow down in those areas. If that doesnt work find a cop who has a mustang and make friends with him so he can "take care of" any tickets.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Not to jack the OP's thread but here goes...

The products I use have been well tested and documented. Laser requires a reflective surface nearly perpendicular to the gun in order to obtain a good return. The front of our Stangs have a limitied # of these surfaces. The LEO's #1 target on a Stang is the license plate (which I have a laser reducing cover on). The next are the fog and head lights. After that, the LEO will be hard-put to find a surface that'll give him a good return. The items I use simply REDUCE the distance that it'll take for him to get a return. That's a second or 2 more reaction time I hope to obtain. If I was serious, I'd install active laser jamming equipment (illegal here in Illinois) in lieu of the passive stuff.

As far as radar, I have one of the better RD's out there and I know pretty well how to use it.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I have a top of the line RD.
Its called two eyes and a brain.
It was free...
Nothing is better than attentive
driving to spot the traffic cops.
Brake lights of vehicles that are ahead of
you are good indicators also.
Rolling radar where you let leadfoot pass
you and then you drop in behind him matching
his speed so he is the sacrificial lamb so to speak..
Old 09-19-2009, 09:45 AM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

I dont know where you get your laser info from but I use laser and I aim for the grill. I get a reading in less than a second. No matter what angle the surface is the officer will get a return on his laser reading. As far as radar goes, it works pretty well for "always on" radar. But for cops that use handheld radar, which is most, by the time you get an alert on your detector, the officer will already have your speed locked. Not trying to start a war here just trying to give you good info so you can avoid a ticket and save some money.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Rolling radar where you let leadfoot pass
you and then you drop in behind him matching
his speed so he is the sacrificial lamb so to speak..
Yes, the proverbial "rabbit". I typically don't run hard without one. You'd be surprised how many times my rabbits were hit with radar and their brake lights never lit up. A good RD AND the two eyes and a brain are REQUIRED.

Originally Posted by NOLA26
...Not trying to start a war here just trying to give you good info so you can avoid a ticket and save some money.
I fully understand how radar and laser technologies work. My "runs" are never on an empty highway. 90% or more of my alerts are from the LEO targeting people ahead of me or simply running CO units in which I get an alert at least 1 mile before I even have a visual on him. A hit from an IO unit is another story... Scares the crap out of me almost as much as a laser hit!

Again, my apologies to the OP for the jack.

Last edited by Nuke; 09-19-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
epictwist
2nd Gear Member

Back to the OPs question, I just posted some pictures of mine in the Moss Mustang section under 'New Shelby Bezels'. I would post them here but I'm at work and do not have access to them.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:25 PM
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

Does having " VEIL " reduce the effectiveness of your lights?
Old 09-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mcburns36
Does having " VEIL " reduce the effectiveness of your lights?
Not that I've noticed and I'm a stickler for having as much output from my lamps as possible.

And again, my apologies to the OP for the jack.

Quick Reply: tinted fog lights pictures