Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have given up on Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I wonder what changed with his business? I called him personally 2 years ago, got 20 minutes of advice and info about himself, then 2 days later....had my intake and tuner. My car is 100% better with his tune vs. without it. I have the 93 octane torque tune installed right now. I have never looked back. Something must be going on in his personal life.
yes there are a couple other threads on here about his issues. He has always been flooded with business for 1 guy to keep up with so with the added personal problems with his family its been rough.

Glad to see you everything is good Josh
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

This is my next option with BamaChips...

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

"Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components
of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves
the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers.
These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery
of goods or services
, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.
"

I've waited too long for a response and of course a refund. IMO, I consider this a crime and a scam -- pay $400+ for a product and receive nothing.

Last edited by xspsi; 01-25-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Probably get further with his local sheriff dept.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xspsi
This is my next option with BamaChips...

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

"Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components
of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves
the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers.
These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery
of goods or services
, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.
"

I've waited too long for a response and of course a refund. IMO, I consider this a crime and a scam -- pay $400+ for a product and receive nothing.
I understand that you are p1ssed about this, I was there as well. But Doug isn't doing this intentionaly. His website says he has stopped taking new orders, to catch up. He has a very well known name and everybody wants his tunes. Between his number of orders and his issues in his personal life, he is behind. Trying to charge him with scamming might be a little over the top.

I know you will say that his personal problems aren't your fault/problem, and you're right. But if he is working 50 hours a week now, as opposed to 80 hours a week before, because of his personal life than so be it. A person can only do so much, and without being there none of us can crusify him, without knowing why.

He will give you your order or a refund, your not gonna get screwed out of the money.

If he answers the phone every time it rings, who's gonna write the tunes?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

Here is what is on another site. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ps-update.html
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joshspony
I understand that you are p1ssed about this, I was there as well. But Doug isn't doing this intentionaly. His website says he has stopped taking new orders, to catch up. He has a very well known name and everybody wants his tunes. Between his number of orders and his issues in his personal life, he is behind. Trying to charge him with scamming might be a little over the top.

I know you will say that his personal problems aren't your fault/problem, and you're right. But if he is working 50 hours a week now, as opposed to 80 hours a week before, because of his personal life than so be it. A person can only do so much, and without being there none of us can crusify him, without knowing why.

He will give you your order or a refund, your not gonna get screwed out of the money.

If he answers the phone every time it rings, who's gonna write the tunes?
Are you kidding me? Dude, I've been waiting since Nov 09 for my tuner + tuner. Of course he's doing this intentionally!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 PM
NOTSTOCK

Are you kidding me? Dude, I've been waiting since Nov 09 for my tuner + tuner. Of course he's doing this intentionally!
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ps-update.html

Check out this posting from another thread. I know this is going to hurt, but I'm just about sick of hearing people defend this thief. He may have done awesome things to cars in the past, but taking money, closing his accounts, telling customers to take it up with paypal when he is the guy who took the cash without providing a product, this is just too much. There is no defense to this, at all. People that do make excuses for him lose their own credibility. I'm just glad I'm not in the same boat as these other guys who are out a lot of money...money they might not have had to throw away. In fact, I'm sorry you guys lost money, but I want to thank you all for exposing this fraud. I just ordered my intake and tune from brenspeed and there's no doubt whether I'll get my products or not.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Whatever!! I give up, I know you're upset, and must have facts that would make you guys so sure that hes scamming you. But I personally give him the benefit of the doubt.

And... it took my order about 3 months, so you can't tell me 'I have no room to talk.'
Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 AM
NOTSTOCK

Originally Posted by Joshspony
I personally give him the benefit of the doubt.
Did you go to the link in my previous post and read the email? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but it seems pretty clear to me that he's closing shop and not dealing with his customers. Just my take though.

On a seperate note, I just ordered my JLT carbon fiber intake and tune last week and it shipped out Wednesday. It should be to me by Friday. That's just over one week from start to finish.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:27 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by NOTSTOCK
Did you go to the link in my previous post and read the email? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but it seems pretty clear to me that he's closing shop and not dealing with his customers. Just my take though.

On a seperate note, I just ordered my JLT carbon fiber intake and tune last week and it shipped out Wednesday. It should be to me by Friday. That's just over one week from start to finish.
hes not closing up and i know for a fact people are getting tunes as we speak. So he is dealing with customers still.

Quick Reply: I have given up on Bamachips