MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Is this a good deal? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/56416-is-this-a-good-deal.html)

cyoon 07-12-2005 04:44 AM

Is this a good deal?

Hey guys,

I may be joining the GT elite soon. I found a guy who's selling an 05 GT with IUP, 4 (now 3) year maintennance plan, with a (non-ford) alarm, and Lo Jack installed. It has under 3800 miles on it and was purchased back in november 04. He's selling for 24,500. This sound like a good deal? I just wanted to get input from my fellow Mustang brethren. My only gripes is that it's mineral grey (I want sonic blue or screaming yellow or torch red) which I can live with and there's a spoiler, so installing a ducktail won't be easy, also I'm not very good at manual driving, so I'm going to have to get better soon. I also hate paying taxes on a used car, it seems like an injustice to pay taxes on something that has already been taxed within a year's time. Doesn't that count as double taxation?

I just wonder if I will find even lower prices than that when the 06 models are out. Considering I haven't seen a used 05 v6 for less than 20 and some v6s as high as 24K, I think this is a good price. I doubt the price of the GT will go down much lower in the near future unless the 06 models have a drastic effect on used 05 models. Plus with under 4K milage on the vehicle, it's practically a new car. Besides couldn't I repaint it to a color I like for under 1K?

chrisc65 07-12-2005 04:55 AM

RE: Is this a good deal?

Hi cyoon...good to hear from you...nice to hear you over here at MF.

I would think some people would say it's a little high...but me..Hell yeah...thats the kind of deal I wanna get after I sell my V6.

I would think that a year from now GT prices will come down a little just because there will be more on the road.

I would highly suggest NOT trying to repaint a new car...from my understanding a good paint job is well over $1000.

Just my 2cents.

Good luck on whatever your decision is...either way...you will have a Mustang...YEAH!

cyoon 07-12-2005 05:21 AM

Hey Chris,

Sorry I didn't get back to you, but this deal I found was just too awsome not to investigate. I like your vehicle, but at 24,500 I'd be crazy not to take a look at it!

Tres Wright 07-12-2005 01:40 PM

Don't do it, you'll have nothing but regrets if you settle for something you don't want. It is a good deal, but a year from now you'll be kicking yourself every time you see a blue, yellow or red one.

Expect to pay at least 2k for an acceptable paint job. You can go same color for 1k, but color change requires a lot more work (door jambs, underhood, trunk, etc.) A really nice paint job will run a lot more than that though.

==Doesn't that count as double taxation?==

Don't get me started! In the case of cars, it's more like triple or quadruple taxation. We get taxed before the money ever hits our pockets. Then taxed again whenever we buy something. The government says it's not double taxation because the STORE is paying the taxes. Well then why isn't the tax included in the price? Obviously because WE are paying the tax, not the store. Absurd! Then with a car, EVERY time it changes hands it's taxed! ARGH! <steps off soap box>

hawgman 07-12-2005 01:44 PM

^^^^^what he said^^^^^

2Stangs 07-12-2005 01:47 PM

I'd take it, Stick is the only way to go as well.

Tell him you'll do it $25,000 out the door.

Mineral Grey will not be a color in 06, look to trade possibly for a Yellow.

Professor Wizard 07-12-2005 02:43 PM

If it gets you into an 05 GT.. it's a good deal :D:D:D:D:D:D

To think some people in FL are paying 5K over sticker.. OUCH

ChewbaccaD 07-12-2005 03:49 PM

Dealers in VA near DC are pushing GTs at 5k-10k over... and getting it!!!

andrews0915 07-12-2005 05:57 PM

By me, in CT, dealers are putting 10K premiums on the GT because you can't find them anywhere. Somehow my local dealer just got a Red GT Vert in the other day though.

Orion_240 07-12-2005 08:31 PM

I dunno...
I have a feeling you aren't too crazy about the color and manual.
I would recommend waiting for an '06. You'd be able to finance it instead of having to come up with all the money at once for the used car (unless it's at a dealership). Plus maybe Ford will extend the low prices.
But most importantly you'll have a REAL new car, with (hopefully) fewer bugs, in the color you're looking for. Remember, the Mustang has a fully painted engine compartment! Much more than $1000 for the job