Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 03:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

What the hell? Illegal mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:44 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

I go pulled over in Netherlands a month or so ago, and they just wanted to hear my car better, and to tell me to leave the stop signs a little more gently. It was funny they both wanted, and i let them, sit in the car and rev to motor, the loved the sound it makes.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dagamore
I go pulled over in Netherlands a month or so ago, and they just wanted to hear my car better, and to tell me to leave the stop signs a little more gently. It was funny they both wanted, and i let them, sit in the car and rev to motor, the loved the sound it makes.

thats awsome
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Czar22
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Ya most cops around me don't really care too much about stuff like tint or exhaust unless the tint is 5% or if you are being a jackass. If you deserve to get pulled over then they will pull you over and might ticket you for everything.
+1. The thing is, these violations, unless absoluley ridiculous to the point of being dangerous are usually not worth the time for patrol officers to cite you for. UNLESS you are being a F%&*(*$ moron and driving like an idiot or revving your engine to redline in a residential neighborhood at midnight etc. If you give them attitiude then expect to cited for EVERYTHING.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:23 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

This is why I love Alabama... nobody gives a ****.

HEY OFFICER. I have no cats, a supercharger, and a 200 shot of nitrous... and I just got limo tint installed... looks good, eh?

Yeah man that looks sick. You dyno'd that thing yet?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:23 PM
mykim72
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
I've never heard of a law stating that HIDs are illegal. Many cars including Mustangs come stock with HIDs so I don't see how companies would allow something illegal to come equipped in their cars.
aftermarket hid kits are illegal for sure
Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mykim72
after being blinded by a few ricers w/ poorly installed hids its not hard to guess why
Old 09-26-2009, 01:50 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mykim72
I've had mine on for well over a year now and no problems whatsoever. Bulb covers or some bulb coating will ensure you won't run into any problems...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

Around here they crack pretty hard for tinted windows that are almost NOT tinted. I don't like those blueish looking headlights at all, I am guessing they are the HIDs, they should be illegal, my eyes water every time I pass a car with those.

I have to get a safety inspection every year, and an emissions every 2 years to renew my plates. No problems so far, but I have to remove my SCT performance tune for about 200 miles first though or it will not test for emissions.

I don't mind the safety inspections at all, some cars shouldn't be on the road as it is and if there were no safety inspections there would be a lot of dangerous clunkers out on the road with bad brakes, lights etc.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:03 PM
5T4NG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
I've had mine on for well over a year now and no problems whatsoever. Bulb covers or some bulb coating will ensure you won't run into any problems...
HIDs in halogen housings are illegal it seems

http://fmvss108.tripod.com/

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...21118.ztv.html
Old 09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

almost everything in that list is illegal out here. don't like it...but most are based on driver and police protection.

we even have a thing called Recon. You have to pay $15 a year and prove that your mods are Safe. a PITA. something as simple as putting 20's on the car can force you into Recon
Originally Posted by 5T4NG
yep...as they should be

even properly designed HID's are still blindingly bright. I hate those things with a passion.

In a suburban/city environment, you have no need for HID's. I am so tired of getting blinded by the damn things

Quick Reply: What the hell? Illegal mods?