Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Stang GT or 04 Cobra???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

I would buy a 10 or 11imo their all nice!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Drewmotion

I'm in no way associated with this company - just a long time window shopper. They have been selling low mileage Fox's, Cobras and Saleen's for a long time and have a good selection of pristine cars.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/cars.asp?offset=0
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Definitely my favorite Terminator.(really not fair with that KB s/c in there)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3...om=PL&index=26
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

^^^ LOVE IT
Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 PM
stanngg
2nd Gear Member

wow....tough choice. The Cobra of course is a classic but I fell in love with the new stangs! Plus you get the new car smell! Warranty's always nice.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 PM
04SRT4

i found a couple clean "stock" looking Cobra's in the DC area with low miles. i may have to take a ride down there and drive them. its a long way from Vermont, but its worth it haha.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

04SRT, the fact that you bought it brand new means a lot. I'm sure you took good care of it as well. I have a few buddies with SRT4's. One of them is on a 50trim I believe around 385 whp. Fast as hell since it weighs nothing compared to my Shelby.

If you can find a termie with low miles and in good condition then by all means go for it. But the interior qualities cannot compare to the '05-'10 cars. Also, the termie has an independent rear suspension. Usually smoother riding and better for handling but not as "drag-friendly" as a solid rear. As far as mods on the termie it's as easy as plug and play. You can do a series of mods. You can start out real basic and do pulley, intake, tune and make I believe around 450 rwhp. Right now I'm at around 540ishrwhp on my shelby with just pulley, intake, tune. The stock motors on the Cobras are practically bullet proof as well so there aren't many supporting mods that need to be done. The stock Eaton supercharger is pretty weak though. The more you max it out the faster you heat soak. Heatsoak = big loss of power. That's why most cobra owners either go twin turbo or bigger supercharger. I prefer the twin turbo alternative but to each his own.

If you need any more info feel free to PM me bro.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

P.S: This might change your mind about going bigger supercharger and going with twin turbos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMBuYstHnQ

Either way you go, it'll be bad ***. That's IF you go the termie route.

Here's the cobra that was in the video:

Last edited by yc420; 09-29-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 PM
04SRT4

Originally Posted by yc420
04SRT, the fact that you bought it brand new means a lot. I'm sure you took good care of it as well. I have a few buddies with SRT4's. One of them is on a 50trim I believe around 385 whp. Fast as hell since it weighs nothing compared to my Shelby.

If you can find a termie with low miles and in good condition then by all means go for it. But the interior qualities cannot compare to the '05-'10 cars. Also, the termie has an independent rear suspension. Usually smoother riding and better for handling but not as "drag-friendly" as a solid rear. As far as mods on the termie it's as easy as plug and play. You can do a series of mods. You can start out real basic and do pulley, intake, tune and make I believe around 450 rwhp. Right now I'm at around 540ishrwhp on my shelby with just pulley, intake, tune. The stock motors on the Cobras are practically bullet proof as well so there aren't many supporting mods that need to be done. The stock Eaton supercharger is pretty weak though. The more you max it out the faster you heat soak. Heatsoak = big loss of power. That's why most cobra owners either go twin turbo or bigger supercharger. I prefer the twin turbo alternative but to each his own.

If you need any more info feel free to PM me bro.

yeah ive seen many cobra's go to a kenne bell or TT. i know what you mean by the interior, i have to decide whether i want looks and styling, or big dirty speed. i guess i have a big decision to make when it comes to time of purchase. i test drove a 2010 GT this past friday, i was impressed with the interior and the drivetrain was wicked smooth compared to my SRT which is pretty stiff stock.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i just sold my 07 GT 2 weeks ago so i could buy a cobra. I've been hitting the classifieds hard and there are deals to be had and you CAN find an unmodded one if you are patient. Lots out there with just an intake, exhaust, and pullied. Pretty common to find them with under 30k miles as well. Expect to pay between 20k-26k depending on mileage, color, and mods.

Quick Reply: 2010 Stang GT or 04 Cobra???