Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner, First Mod.....Shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Ron Burgundy

Originally Posted by Charger1213
How is that going to be adapted to the car? Is there an aftermarket kit for this already? I would love to upgrade to an AVIC pioneer system, or a similar Alpine.
Well I have looked online and haven't found a kit for the cd player but i contacted the local car audio place and they said they could do it.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Badgolferguy

I want to do the same thing on my 2010 GT. There are no real highs even turned up to max. Bass is fairly good. Hopefully replacing the 6x8's front and rear will fix the problem. If not, new tweeters will be installed.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 AM
InfernoEffect
1st Gear Member

+1 for pics of install
Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Charger1213

Originally Posted by AJ_68
Pics of install. We've heard the rear speakers are a pain to replace, I'm curious to see how those come out.

I've never heard of Hertz - what made you pick this particular speaker?
Hertz speakers are very similar to Focal in sound and quality. They run less in price too which is a bonus. I had them install for forty bucks.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Charger1213

Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Well I have looked online and haven't found a kit for the cd player but i contacted the local car audio place and they said they could do it.
Saw pictures of a Shelby 500 that my audio dealer put in. Should check it out...there are some custom shelby snake covers on the speakers.

www.AspenSound.com
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Hertz speakers are very similar to Focal in sound and quality. They run less in price too which is a bonus. I had them install for forty bucks.
$40 seems very cheap. I wish I could hear the difference first hand. I'm worried the stock system won't push enough power to aftermarket speakers.

I'd be willing to install the speaker myself if someone put together a "how-to" guide.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Charger1213

Originally Posted by AJ_68
$40 seems very cheap. I wish I could hear the difference first hand. I'm worried the stock system won't push enough power to aftermarket speakers.

I'd be willing to install the speaker myself if someone put together a "how-to" guide.
Funny you ask that and I read that now. I blew one of the speakers the other day and had to have it replaced. While the dealer said they haven't had very many speakers get blown, they told me to let it break in for a couple of weeks before really cranking in some volume.

There was a really big difference in sound after installing these. The OEM head unit controlled the sound on the Hertz speakers much better than the factory speakers. You could probably take out one of your rear speakers in the trunk and see for yourself. That is why the install was so cheap. The rears are nothing to replace if you get the exact same size. You'll also see how damn cheap the Ford speakers are.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Funny you ask that and I read that now. I blew one of the speakers the other day and had to have it replaced. While the dealer said they haven't had very many speakers get blown, they told me to let it break in for a couple of weeks before really cranking in some volume.

There was a really big difference in sound after installing these. The OEM head unit controlled the sound on the Hertz speakers much better than the factory speakers. You could probably take out one of your rear speakers in the trunk and see for yourself. That is why the install was so cheap. The rears are nothing to replace if you get the exact same size. You'll also see how damn cheap the Ford speakers are.
One of the Hertz speakers blew already? Maybe it's the wrong impedance?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Just want to point out that the shaker 500 is not the premium sound system as its included on a GT premium which gets you leather, sync and a whole bunch of other options. The shaker 1000 is the premium system.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Hey welcome to the Forums.
You will find out that the whole sound system is a joke on these cars and it's frankly the weakest part.
Don't know why Ford botched that up. My 01 F150 CD player performs better and doesn't go back to track #1 everytime I start the truck back up, lol.

I hope this doesn't turn you off too much about the car, as it has its good points.

Quick Reply: New Owner, First Mod.....Shaker 500