Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas fillup issues and traction control / e-brake light issues?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default Gas fillup issues and traction control / e-brake light issues?!?

I was talking with one of my tenants today who has a 07 GT with a manual trans. and she's got a couple problems maybe you guys know an answer to.

She's been having problems when she tries to full the gar up with gas it wants to stop pumping at about 3/4 of a tank. I suggested holding the nozzle sideways or changing how far it was inserted into the car, she said she had tried all that and it still has the problem. Of course, the dealer tells her "we don't know wtf to tell you"

The other problem is she says the traction control light and the e-brake light randomly comes on and off. Sometimes it doesn't do this, and sometimes it does. The dealer was unable to duplicate the problem (of course) and I don't recall ever hearing about this as a potential issue with our cars.

Any idea on these guys?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

the gas problem is very common and most dealerships fix it around here. As for the other it sounds like the beginning of an electrical failure, maybe a bad alternator, computer and electrical are a pain in our cars.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
stanngg
2nd Gear Member

Not sure about the e-brake but the gas issue is very common. Several threads on here about it. I can't remember what the cause is but I find that it happens more at older stations. I haven't had any issues in some time at the newer stations.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

my car always fills up but the gas gauge is weird, i put 40$ in yesterday and it said I had half take and just gradually went up to full tank after driving for half hour
Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

So its not just my car vs. certain gas pumps! I am SOOOO glad I read this. My 06 GT does the same thing but at a half tank. Strangely, its usually SHELL station pumps that do it. Maybe they have a more sensitive cut off? My 02 Jag that I had was notorious about it as well, but all I had to do with it was back the pump nozzle out of the tank a little ways.

Anyone know if this is a warranty thing or if its a recall type deal? My car was salvaged and bought at an auction, so half the fun of it is not worrying about voiding any warranties...
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
stanngg
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenny17
my car always fills up but the gas gauge is weird, i put 40$ in yesterday and it said I had half take and just gradually went up to full tank after driving for half hour
was your car running when you filled up. The computer doesn't reset the gas gauge until the car is turned off then turned back on...
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There's a number of TSB's for the gas pump premature shut-off issue. If it's under warranty the dealer will do the work per the TSB free. But beware: the TSB has been shown to NOT always fix the problem. The gas pump issue is simply one of the nuisance items.

The TCS icon will come on IF it's activating due to some detected wheel spin. When is it coming on?

The e-brake light could be a simple adjustment or something more serious. Not enough info here.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by kenny17
$40 to fill up?!
Damn, how much is gas where you're at?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
$40 to fill up?!
Damn, how much is gas where you're at?

His location says California so there you go.

I've been paying in the low to mid 20s for 93 octane 'round here deep in the heart of you know where. I noticed it's been going down a little recently here.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Can anyone link me to the TSB related to the gas thing? The local dealership has been giving her the run around and some concrete proof of a problem with a known fix would go a long way as to getting the dealer to fix it.

The TCS and E-Brake, they are happening randomly - like your driving down the road and lights pop on, then a few minutes later they go off. No rhyme or reason.

Quick Reply: Gas fillup issues and traction control / e-brake light issues?!?