Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNinstalled Roush Exhaust Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Default UNinstalled Roush Exhaust Today

If you have read the other long thread on installing Roush exhausts, you will know that the drone at 2000 and other rpms was hurting my ears. The exhaust sounded great downshifting, at idle and getting on it hard. But the constant drone got to me after one week. (I posted videos of it on YouTube and here).

So today I went back to Healey Ford in Goshen, NY, where I bought the exhaust and had Rick, their Mustang expert, put the old exhaust back on. These guys at Healey are the best. They didn't charge me anything to re-install the stock system and one of the guys there, another Mustang fan, bought my old Roush (1 week old!) system and they ordered for me a set of Magnaflow axleback. Will get next week and then I will be all set. I highly recommend any high performance Ford person to go to Healey and ask for Chic.

Joe

P.S. My Brenspeed tuner is coming TODAY via UPS!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

wow...good deal man.

I love Roush products, but I keep hearing about that drone.

Good selection on those Magnaflows. They are my favorite Exhaust Company hands down. I'm fighting myself over GT500KR take-offs or those Magnaflow axlebacks as well
Old 10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

That Rick guy I was talking about showed me his Bullitt, green of course, with stripes. Something hit his bumper and damaged it but he doesn't care as he is putting on some kind of after martket one. It was the first and only Bullitt I have ever seen.

Joe
Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

You will still have some drone. They are not called magnadrone for nothing. IMO if drone is really that bad I would have gone for the corsa sport system.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
You will still have some drone. They are not called magnadrone for nothing.
what are you talking about?

I've had them on a 4.6 2v (Magnapacks) and a 5.4 3v. Zero drone at all.

Put easily 40,000 miles onto the 2 exhausts combined.

I'd have them on this car already, but I'm looking to keep the car 100% stock or with FRPP equipment
Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

magnaflo have a off road that has a drone very similar to roush off road. maybe the same???
Old 10-02-2009, 08:18 PM
gordonE9

Originally Posted by jocatch
If you have read the other long thread on installing Roush exhausts, you will know that the drone at 2000 and other rpms was hurting my ears. The exhaust sounded great downshifting, at idle and getting on it hard. But the constant drone got to me after one week. (I posted videos of it on YouTube and here).

So today I went back to Healey Ford in Goshen, NY, where I bought the exhaust and had Rick, their Mustang expert, put the old exhaust back on. These guys at Healey are the best. They didn't charge me anything to re-install the stock system and one of the guys there, another Mustang fan, bought my old Roush (1 week old!) system and they ordered for me a set of Magnaflow axleback. Will get next week and then I will be all set. I highly recommend any high performance Ford person to go to Healey and ask for Chic.

Joe

P.S. My Brenspeed tuner is coming TODAY via UPS!
Have the same issue with newly installed Magnapack Cat-Backs; incessant drone in 2000 rpm range. Never had it with the Axle-Backs from this manufacturer on my 07 GT. Installing Corsas as soon as I can unload this system. If anyone near Killeen/Ft. Hood is interested let me know.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
what are you talking about?

I've had them on a 4.6 2v (Magnapacks) and a 5.4 3v. Zero drone at all.

Put easily 40,000 miles onto the 2 exhausts combined.

I'd have them on this car already, but I'm looking to keep the car 100% stock or with FRPP equipment
Maybe thats in the truck world only. I just know I had borla on the vette and quickly changed it out to corsa sports cause of drone.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

that was a Mustang and a Truck

I have never heard of a Drone complaint on the trucks.

and this thread is the first I've heard about them on a car.

oh well...live and learn. I'm on the lookout for the GT500KR mufflers myself. supposed to be slightly better than stock, with zero drone...I'm done with the days of loud *** exhausts. getting too old, and don't want to wake up my kids at 5 AM when I go to work
Old 10-03-2009, 04:44 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I only really hear the drone right at 2k RPM. If I move off that it very quickly goes away.

My neighbors actually complained about my car when i left to NY last week. They complained to my roommate..... If I actually liked my neighbors I would be concerned..but since I don't....to hell with them!!!

Quick Reply: UNinstalled Roush Exhaust Today