Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**STEEDA 2010 GT STEEDA COLD AIR TEASER***

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Default **STEEDA 2010 GT STEEDA COLD AIR TEASER***

Hi guys. Here is a little teaser of our upcoming cold air intake system for the 2010 GT Mustang.....

This system will be sold as a cold air/tuner combo. Don't have pricing yet. Production pieces should be about 5 weeks away. Take a look......

As you can see our system will tie into the factory air routing system which is a very good system from the factory. It has good surface area so it is not restricting and provides the coolest air feed into the system.

Its hard to see with the bumper on, but here is a shot of where that air ducting starts with the bumper removed...

Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

2010s already have a CAI. What's the benefit with yours?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Would you be willing to divulge the HP (not flow) gain on just the CAI? Also, I hate to bring up the sound tube (because it will bring someone with a previous gen car out of the woodwork to tell us all once again how "lame" it is) but will your CAI accept that?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VRFlip
2010s already have a CAI. What's the benefit with yours?
While the intake system on the car is quite good for factory, there is always room for improvement.

Anyone who has taken their intake off their 2008 Bullitt (which flows almost the same and uses the same size MAF) and put an aftermarket cold air intake on will tell you they gained power. We have had plenty of customers
do that.

Ford used the Bullitt as a basis for this intake, packaging it for both the different underhood clearances of the 2010 and to meet stricter OEM hydrocarbon emissions standards (closed/sealed box vs the bullitt open box).

Testing under our horrible weather conditions (a sunny south Florida summer day with 75 degree dew point, low 90 degree temps, and heat index of 100+ is never good for making power) has shown peak gains of about 10 to 13 horsepower with midrange gains of about 20 horsepower and midrange torque gains of 20 to 25 ft/lbs. Very good power under the curve.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Cool. Thanks for the information.

As the poster above asked, did you guys maintain the port for the Sound Induction Tube?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Would you be willing to divulge the HP (not flow) gain on just the CAI? Also, I hate to bring up the sound tube (because it will bring someone with a previous gen car out of the woodwork to tell us all once again how "lame" it is) but will your CAI accept that?
Preliminary power numbers are in my previous post. On your sound tube question yet it will accept the sound tube.

Gus
Old 10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

What size is the intake tube (i.e. 100mm+)?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xspsi
What size is the intake tube (i.e. 100mm+)?
I know the MAF size will be 95mm, if that is what you meant. That is the number all cold air manufacturers normally publish.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
since you brought me out of the woodwork, what exactly is this sound tube and what makes it so spectacular?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
FredK

Sound tube.

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/03/02...on-sound-tube/

And the explanation:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/au...ef=automobiles

Quick Reply: **STEEDA 2010 GT STEEDA COLD AIR TEASER***