Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nittos are bald, what to get next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
cant afford to get all 4 right now. 2 front ones are fine anyways.

Norm, so you like the NT05 better than INVO and 555? yeah im definitely putting them in the back since my fronts are ok. I really want to have the best grip on the street.

Why do you recommend the INVO, over the NT05? MY buddy has them and swears by them. i just dont have enough info to really know the difference. They are all about the same in price though.

Thanks for help guys!
The NT05 is a very sticky tire, even more so than the Invo for sure, but the Invo has significantly better tire life, which is why I recommend them... A sticky street tire with tons of life on it
Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

I have the Nittos NT05 installed on my Roush. They can really hook up! With the stock Cooper tires that came with the car, it would not hook at all. But with the Nittos, i hardly ever lose traction. But as previously said these tires dont have long life. It still fun drifting around the corners though =p Jk.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

My current 305/35 Nitto DR's are just about completely bald and some NT05 in the 295/35 variety will replace them. Damn tires are expensive.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Impulse Cars
Former Sponsor

I am running the INVO and love it but it still doesnt have the dry traction I am looking for. On my other car the NT05s work great. They have the 275 but they do NOT have a 285 in a 20" rim height. PM with your email and I'll try to get you the best price i can. I will need your shipping add too.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I have Invos on my car. I love them. They have great wet traction for all those rainy days here in FL. Plus they are super sticky.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by antonio1988
The NT05 is a very sticky tire, even more so than the Invo for sure, but the Invo has significantly better tire life, which is why I recommend them... A sticky street tire with tons of life on it
So the invo has more life, how many miles are you expected to get with either of those? I would have to see how many miles i would have to sacrifice to be extra stick lol

Originally Posted by pinoy
I have the Nittos NT05 installed on my Roush. They can really hook up! With the stock Cooper tires that came with the car, it would not hook at all. But with the Nittos, i hardly ever lose traction. But as previously said these tires dont have long life. It still fun drifting around the corners though =p Jk.
How many miles you been riding on yours? What rpms can you launch and hook your car? Drifting with them sounds fun !

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
My current 305/35 Nitto DR's are just about completely bald and some NT05 in the 295/35 variety will replace them. Damn tires are expensive.
How much are you lowered? I wonder whats the biggest size that i could fit with my eibach pro kit 1.5" drop. I do like the look of a 305 though
!

Originally Posted by Impulse Cars
I am running the INVO and love it but it still doesnt have the dry traction I am looking for. On my other car the NT05s work great. They have the 275 but they do NOT have a 285 in a 20" rim height. PM with your email and I'll try to get you the best price i can. I will need your shipping add too.
Pm'd

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
I have Invos on my car. I love them. They have great wet traction for all those rainy days here in FL. Plus they are super sticky.
Yeah i think they were rated with the better wet traction. I will spin a little bit coming around a corner when wet because my tires are a worn the hell out.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

How much are you lowered? I wonder whats the biggest size that i could fit with my eibach pro kit 1.5" drop. I do like the look of a 305 though
I have Steeda comp springs which I assume are less than the prokits but also had H&R race springs which were substantially lower and the 305's never contacted the fender lip. Never had a problem with them on my car. I'll stick with the 295/35's on the 9.5'' rim I run in the future. The 305's really need a 10'' rim and have to be checked for correct pressure regularly or they wear unevenly. I'd run 295/40's if I could find some.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Norm, so you like the NT05 better than INVO and 555? yeah im definitely putting them in the back since my fronts are ok. I really want to have the best grip on the street.
In terms of dry grip, NT05 > INVO > 555. Wet grip could be a different story, tread life probably will be, so it'll come down to what's most important

My experience is similar to Impulse's, in that an autocross "Street Touring" tire is much grippier than any tire that's intended for a more general target buyer. That covers accelerating, cornering, and braking, as an ST tire isn't just a one-trick pony like most drag radials are. When I first upgraded the tires on my autocross car to a more or less similar tire (Falken Azenis RT615, FWIW), the first time I really got on the brakes was an eye-opening experience.

Norm
Old 10-10-2009, 10:51 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

I can't complain bout my toyo proxes 4s but i love my nittos too what ever you do decide with go 295 out back im as low as you go and i fit it no prob
Old 10-10-2009, 12:15 PM
08SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Yeah I like my Toyo Proxes 4s alot too. They have decent grip and even with 295's in the back, I have not had too much trouble with hydroplaning

Quick Reply: Nittos are bald, what to get next?