Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ford Mustang Preview article

Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Mustangforums Editors

Default 2011 Ford Mustang Preview article

Hey guys,

Two more preview articles will be posted on the 2011 Ford Mustang as news and rumors start to filter in. We welcome you to weigh in on the new Pony and check out what your fellow enthusiasts have to say.

How do you like the way the 2011 Mustang is shaping up? We know nothing is set in stone yet, but do you want the Mustang that people are rumoring about: direct injection, ecoboost, etc.? Or do you want something else?

Is the supposed power upgrade driven solely by a need to beat Chevy and Dodge performance-wise? From all that you've heard, are you considering a 2011 Mustang when it comes out?

You can find the 2011 Mustang coverage on our homepage: www.MustangForums.com

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

And now Ford has hinted that the engine options will be announced at the LA auto show this year...its posted on the front page, and on my local column.

I fully expect to see a 3.7 base and a 5.0 GT...but how much is that 400hp engine going to crank up the price?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I don't like saying it but Ford likes to raise the prices more than any other dealership, why I don't know but it's just the normal stuff us Ford fans have to put up with. I have a 2005 stang and at the moment I'm just happy to stay with it. By the way I saw a 2010 Camaro today and he wouldn't even try to take a bit at my Mustang. Why? maybe it was my fast acceleration with my 4.10 gears. My question to you ford fans could my car keep up with a Camaro SS with 4.10 gears, Brenspeed tune with C/L cold air intake, Steeda Underdrive pullys and a Mac prochamber with cats? I think I can but like to hear what you have to say.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
ASHY2CLASSY

Wink

Originally Posted by Daniel60
I don't like saying it but Ford likes to raise the prices more than any other dealership, why I don't know but it's just the normal stuff us Ford fans have to put up with. I have a 2005 stang and at the moment I'm just happy to stay with it. By the way I saw a 2010 Camaro today and he wouldn't even try to take a bit at my Mustang. Why? maybe it was my fast acceleration with my 4.10 gears. My question to you ford fans could my car keep up with a Camaro SS with 4.10 gears, Brenspeed tune with C/L cold air intake, Steeda Underdrive pullys and a Mac prochamber with cats? I think I can but like to hear what you have to say.
YES. I have crossed paths with many owners of the Camaro SS and the GLORIOUS V6, i am not the type to provoke (I keep it on the track) But they remind me of a corvette owner, they treat a machine made to torch the pavement like its made of glass. plus they are making too large of a monthly payment to afford go fast parts. ( compare the prices your self, even against the 10 GT )Im happy with my 05 its payed off, respectable brand parts are cheap, and I drive it like i stole it EVERY weekend. Still trying to get them on the local track, their too scared to even run it for fun.

Last edited by ASHY2CLASSY; 10-15-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I sent this message twice
Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
ASHY2CLASSY

The 5.0 will be GREAT......Nothing more.

Last edited by ASHY2CLASSY; 10-15-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: MESSAGE SENT TWICE
Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
'95mustang

Default I'll take you! :P

Originally Posted by ASHY2CLASSY
YES. I have crossed paths with many owners of the Camaro SS and the GLORIOUS V6, i am not the type to provoke (I keep it on the track) But they remind me of a corvette owner, they treat a machine made to torch the pavement like its made of glass. plus they are making too large of a monthly payment to afford go fast parts. ( compare the prices your self, even against the 10 GT )Im happy with my 05 its payed off, respectable brand parts are cheap, and I drive it like i stole it EVERY weekend. Still trying to get them on the local track, their too scared to even run it for fun.
Hey, if i could meet you on a track, i would take you on, but given the fact that i now drive a '95 stang with a 3.8 L V6 you could probley blow me away, but it would still be fun
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

If the 5.0 is all true, I think it will be awesome but, they need to give us 10 Mustang buyers a power upgrade almost like a service bullitin!!! So we dont feel as cheated! And Daniel I am also one to not provoke but, a local guy here has a Yellow Camaro SS Stock as far as I know and a Manual Tranny. I still have my stock gears in my auto and only a brenspeed tune and boomtubes. And he got the jump on me because I was not expecting him to nail it, we where at a roll of 30MPH and he took off so I punched it and caught up and was only 1 car length behind him! So I say you could take a camaro SS auto no prob and even a manual stock car! Let us know if you have any run in's with the bowtie boys! I like the camaro but to much$$$ for my likes!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:30 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Demon 340
...but how much is that 400hp engine going to crank up the price?
That's the thing that sends me in wonderland the most...

I can't see a 5.0 GT cheaper than $38K and depending on options, you'll be in Shelby territory with $40K+, so the choice is then easy to make: The hell with the GT!
Same thing with a 270hp (or more) on the V6...
How much is that car gonna be?

I predict a fail if there aren't any less powerfull engine options...
Ford has to know that the Mustang should remain an affordable ride.
After all, most Mustang owners don't care about performances.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
That's the thing that sends me in wonderland the most...

I can't see a 5.0 GT cheaper than $38K and depending on options, you'll be in Shelby territory with $40K+, so the choice is then easy to make: The hell with the GT!
Same thing with a 270hp (or more) on the V6...
How much is that car gonna be?

I predict a fail if there aren't any less powerfull engine options...
Ford has to know that the Mustang should remain an affordable ride.
After all, most Mustang owners don't care about performances.
yeah man-I really think the price is just going to go up and up and turn into an expensive sports car...just from what I'm seeing
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
yeah man-I really think the price is just going to go up and up and turn into an expensive sports car...just from what I'm seeing
I see what U mean... But remember the Mustang v6 and GT has ALWAYS Sold in fairly large volumes. that will equate (+/+cross fingers+\+) into affordable prices to the masses. Ford is smart, they would'nt risk changing how they do buisness it's pony car legion. They wil stick to there guns and america a low cost, desent horse power, mustang with poor handleling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Ford Mustang Preview article