Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Stripe - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 04:48 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Default Factory Stripe - HELP!

Hi All,

I ordered my GT with the factory stipe in Kona Blue. Here is my problem. I am trying to confirm what the stripe ACTUALLY looks like. On the Ford Website this is what it looks like:

Then I find this image on the web and it is portrayed as the factory stripe:

Can anyone confirm what the factory stipe will actually be? Did Ford make a change? If so, did they change to the better one or to the fugly one?

Since my order went in a week ago, if I ask the dealer to change it, do you think they can?

HELP!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:19 AM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

The lower photograph is what you get from the factory...and the main reason I went with aftermarket stripes.

Fugly is in the eye of the beholder. I would never want to insult a fellow Mustang owner just because his preference for his Mustang is different than mine.

I went through this stripe decision when I was getting my 2010 GT, White or silver stripe, LeMans or King Cobra type, etc.

I couldn't order the silver stripes for a GT (only available for the GT500). The factory stripes offered for the GT DO NOT come all the way down the front bumper...they stop before the leading edge of the hood.

I definately wanted my stripes to go all the way down the front and slightly preferred metallic silver over white, LeMans (classic racing Mustang) over the King Cobra. This forced me to go with after market stripes...I do not regret my decisions.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:20 AM
GT_n00b
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately what you see in the photo is what the stripes will look like. A lot of us went through the same thing. Since your order is only a week in, you should be able to get them removed. Now if Ford could only update their website...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

There's no way your order is too far along to be changed. Call the dealer.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:15 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrickyRic
The lower photograph is what you get from the factory...and the main reason I went with aftermarket stripes.

Fugly is in the eye of the beholder. I would never want to insult a fellow Mustang owner just because his preference for his Mustang is different than mine.

I went through this stripe decision when I was getting my 2010 GT, White or silver stripe, LeMans or King Cobra type, etc.

I couldn't order the silver stripes for a GT (only available for the GT500). The factory stripes offered for the GT DO NOT come all the way down the front bumper...they stop before the leading edge of the hood.

I definately wanted my stripes to go all the way down the front and slightly preferred metallic silver over white, LeMans (classic racing Mustang) over the King Cobra. This forced me to go with after market stripes...I do not regret my decisions.
I didn't mean to bash another guys car. Just for me, the actual factory stripe is FUGLY. I cannot believe that Ford would misrepresent the stripe so badly on their website. That website is what I made my decision based upon to order the factory stripe.

Since I am only a week in, I am calling the dealer on Monday and asking them to change the order. I will then just have the stripes added aftermarket.

Shame on Ford for showing one thing on their website and then doing something that is not even close on the car.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:08 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

I just ordered this stripe off ebay as it looked like the web site one I wanted. I had ordered the factory strip which is like the lower picture and had to take it back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7349&viewitem=
Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ColoGreyStang10
I just ordered this stripe off ebay as it looked like the web site one I wanted. I had ordered the factory strip which is like the lower picture and had to take it back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7349&viewitem=
Yep, I LOVE that stripe. I'm going to have mine painted like that.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Yep, I LOVE that stripe. I'm going to have mine painted like that.
Exactly. That is the stripe Ford shows on their website, but it not what they are delivering. I am going to ask my dealer on Monday to amend my order (hope they can, it has been in the Ford system for 1 week) and then have the stripe added upon delivery.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

Man that's off BAD, I'd be pissed if I order a 40K dollar car and it came to me with a stripe that far off.

I hope you get it changed!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Well, I talked to the dealer today. We discussed it and decided to leave the factory stipe. When it comes it, if it is close to what Ford shows and I like it, then great. If it is not close and I don't like it, the dealer will remove the factory stripe and have it restriped for $500. This seems fair since the option was about $395 (I think) and if I end up paying the dealer $500 to change it, the cost will be about the same if I go and get it striped from blank.

So, I will let you all know what stripe it does actually show up with. The car was ordered 1 week ago, so I don't have a build date, but I expect it will arrive at the dealer sometime between Thanks Giving and Christmas.

Quick Reply: Factory Stripe - HELP!