Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripes and the Police

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

That would be true if they'd WRITE ME A TICKET. LOL The last time, I told the cop, "Listen. I'm about tired of this crap. Next time you pull me over, I better be running 139. And when you do, you better write me a ticket." He looked all confused and I said "I need proof this car will run this fast."

*EG*
Old 10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

If you want attention try the Grabber Blue, that is a attention getter!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by SMiller
If you want attention try the Grabber Blue, that is a attention getter!
YUP.. I got pulled over just before Haines City on I-4 and the cop told me "Nice car, love the color..now slow it down, you can see that car coming from a 1/2 mile away"
Old 10-12-2009, 08:19 PM
InfernoEffect
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
"I need proof this car will run this fast."

That sounds like a challenge!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
YUP.. I got pulled over just before Haines City on I-4 and the cop told me "Nice car, love the color..now slow it down, you can see that car coming from a 1/2 mile away"
Haha, I have a road trip coming up, I came to Myrtle Beach to buy the car, and am driving back to Long Island, NY next week.

This will be interesting. . .
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
facacc
1st Gear Member

I am a cop. That being said dont throw stones at me.. I personally pull over a car and dont make a decision on ticket or not until I get the wonderful experience of saying hello to the driver. Then its the attitude that determines the outcome. Or if I havent written one yet and need to get one in so my sargent leaves me alone when I turn in my stats for the month. Usually a crash can get my cite in so then I can make up my mind on each traffic stop. Bottum line.. If you violate the law (and get caught) be nice and calm and maybe you will skate. But fast cars make brains mushy, I know this from my own experience.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
InfernoEffect
1st Gear Member

Note to self: be nice to cops in Ohio.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

Yikes I hope this isn't true haha
In the past I've been a fairly quick driver, usually going 10-20 MPH over the limit in my Dad's blue Range Rover Sport Supercharged and I never got pulled over for anything. My Mustang is red with black stripes though and I've been so afraid to even got 5 MPH over the limit cause I can't afford the insurance increase
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

ghostrider,
where in oklahoma are you driving? i've been around oklahoma city area a bit
Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Yes, that was challenge! but y'know. 120+ in a vert gets scary - you know if you hit a large INSECT at that speed, you could die. LOL That being said, we're confident it would bury the needle at 140 or at least get damn close, we just don't have the cohones to try it. Yet. Maybe once its rebuilt, ey? OH YEAH! My husband KNEW the cop that pulled me over the last time and called him on the phone after that! The cop says, Maaannn, if I clock that car at 139 mph - I'd crap my pants.

So, now you see a possible problem - that WAS indeed a challenge, and it has received a response. Now I gotta try it someday.

And yes, I live in Oklahoma - the offending PD is Caney, OK, the highway being US 75. Caney has one gas station and about 300 residents - and four pd cars. They make the big bucks on the Dallas folks that forget they're not on 635. That being said, I have been reallllyyy grateful to them as well - the ECM died in my 5.0 on that strip of highway, and the first person to come and try to help was the cop on duty. Who I was now on a first name basis with. I haven't been stopped since that last time by them - buuuut some day they'll have a personnel turn over and here we go again.

In fact - I'll be in OKC on the 31st - we've been invited to bring the Nyghtmare up to a parade in Bricktown. Seems a troupe of belly dancers would like to have us drive it and use the sound system so they can their routines during the parade. My husband and dad may fight over who gets to go with me.

And Grabber ANYTHING colors kick butt.

And yes, always be nice to the cops... I tried that last time or two (The 'or two is another story entirely) but after a while you just get exasperated with the silliness when its a minor minor infraction.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 10-13-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Stripes and the Police