Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I went to get a oil change at the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I pretty much avoid this by just driving the car onto the ramps and changing it myself. It takes no more than 30 minutes and I know everything is done properly.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

I do the next best thing Mud. I drive my car to GTR leave the keys with either Ricardo or Gonzalo and pick it up when its ready. I trust them and they are pros. If I had any tech ability i would do it myself but I don't. Stealership? Never. They do more damage than good.

Last edited by S197winstang; 10-15-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Believe me, I have NO tech ability. However an oil change is well within my capabilities. :P
Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

A 10 year old kid can easily change the oil on an S197. The tech (even if a newbie) should have had no problem with anyone watching... It's just a friggin' oil change! He can do one while stoned and standing on his head - I sure can.
I think he should have been cool and friendly about the customer watching, and chances are that the customer would have been back... Not now.

BTW- do you own oil changes... You'll get to know your car better.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 AM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Believe me, I have NO tech ability. However an oil change is well within my capabilities. :P
Yeah, i am sure i could do it but then I would give up my excuse to also mod my car while its there for routine maintenance. At least that is what I tell the wife.

Its going in Friday for a full purple lube job/SC oil change .... and an oil separator. Its there so I am also getting the halo fogs thrown on and maybe just maybe the seq tail light kit that GTR was written up for in 5.0. I just can't say no so if they have a drive shaft in stock that is also going on. I have yet to leave the shop without something extra installed.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I turned wrenches in a garage for 6 years. I always took great care of any thing I was working on. If someone watched me, I had NO problem. In fact, I took a little extra care as well.

1) Any tech that's not a car guy shouldn't be a wrench. Period.

2) If a tech wouldn't let me watch, my car is being backed out pronto.

On extremely rare occasions where I don't do my own work (like having a broken arm) I always had a great time BS'in with the techs as they wrenched.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

easy solution......grow a pair and change it your self next time,all you need is a jack,stands,oil pan and a wrench.I also dont trust anyone with my car,thats why i always do it myself.

the car sounding different is probably your imagination....the placebo effect i think they call it.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jizz
uhhhh... who here has their boss follow them around at work?
Pretty much everyone when they first start a job and meet thier boss for the first time. Its called a probation period.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:21 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Sorry you don't know what a show car is and your response proves my point. Takes no talent? Just money? Ya right LOL! Its that very train of thought why there are so many "Modding disasters" out there. I can post pic's of the most butt ugly cars you have ever seen from people that had all kinds of money to burn but totally clueless when it comes to how to mod a car into a show winner. That my friend takes "talent" not money.............

I suppose now your going to tell me that Chip Foose does not build show cars either and has no talent right? I mean since he gets a car from Ford and slaps some parts on and slaps some paint it.........

And just so you know I do drive and enjoy the hell out of my car but to me and many others that I know its not "only a Stang"

But whatever, to each his own...........................
Good response cutter, you definitely have a show car in my book. Fort LiquordaleGT must not have ever been to a real car show. The best "Show Cars" are works of art in my opinion. What defines a show car is how much of your own personality you put in it, not just money.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:50 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
I know what makes a show car. You go down to ford, buy a car, slap some parts and paint on it and show it. That's it. Takes no talent, just money or high credit limit on your credit cards.. Don't drink the kool aid. You have a Mustang, not a show car. But it is a nice mustang, but it will be in a junk yard on avg in 10 years. 5 years from now our cars will look dated, be slow and be worth 5k. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy it, it's only a Stang. And I fail to see what a show car and an oil change have to do with each other.
LMAO!!! Why are you even on these forums if you dont value your car as being something more than just a microwave with wheels? WTF do you think is a show car? Just because yours looks like crap doesn't mean others do. Here is your for being the most uncaring mustang owner out there. We can see who values their car and who doesn't..... good luck out there on your lambo.

Quick Reply: So I went to get a oil change at the dealer...