Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I went to get a oil change at the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
macomacus

My truck is worth twice as much as my mustang and I will throw a shovel into the bed from 15' away, scoop gravel by the yard out of it, take it on the dirtiest gravel road Missouri has to offer, maybe wash it yearly, loan it to anyone who wants it and not think twice!

Mess with the stang tho and **** is gonna hit the fan!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

My neighbor is the same way with his 07 C6 vette and Old Doge Dakota pickup. The pickup is well maintained but when I borrowed a few times ago I had accidently dented the top of the tailgate (moving furniture for donation). I offered to have it fixed but he was more upset at the fact I filled it up with gas before giving the truck back to him than the dent. (in other words he didn't care).

His vette...I still remember the day it got it's first and only scratch. He was driving down the highway and a pebble came up and bounced off the hood. I thought for sure he was going to cry when he showed it to me. He came over just to get me and show me what happened. It's okay though. I understood. I did the same thing to late last year when my stang got it's first and only scratch...same fugin thing.. he got his fixed though within a week. Mine, I haven't decided yet since I may be changing hoods. You really can't see it unless I point it out..but I know it's there and that's the annoying thing.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

When I bought my new 07 GT I didn’t worry about it getting messed up too much because Mustangs are cheap and I knew I could just buy another one. But now that I have my 09 GT I know that you can’t get them anymore so I treat it like I will have it for a long time or until Ford figures out what the Mustang should be again.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

+1 to the 3 posts above
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I think you are nutz! Change your oil yourself if you are that worried. I wouldn't want you looking over my shoulder either, it's annoying as hell.

You probably couldn't tell the difference between 10w30 and 5w20. It's certainly not going to hurt the car.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I am in a sig!! Cool beans.
I have arrived.

I have not read the OPs post but I can guess where this is going.....
Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
You know, I had a long post typed up to rebut you with but decided not to post it. It just was not worth my time or effort since you know nothing about my car or what makes a show car. But I will thank you for you kind comment about it being a “nice one”…..

I know what makes a show car. You go down to ford, buy a car, slap some parts and paint on it and show it. That's it. Takes no talent, just money or high credit limit on your credit cards.. Don't drink the kool aid. You have a Mustang, not a show car. But it is a nice mustang, but it will be in a junk yard on avg in 10 years. 5 years from now our cars will look dated, be slow and be worth 5k. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy it, it's only a Stang. And I fail to see what a show car and an oil change have to do with each other.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:51 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

If you're that worried about a damn oil change, do it yourself next time, or just take some Xanax before you go to the dealer!

BTW I've heard JDM uses the stock filter and Motorcraft synth blend...good enough!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
I know what makes a show car. You go down to ford, buy a car, slap some parts and paint on it and show it. That's it. Takes no talent, just money or high credit limit on your credit cards.. Don't drink the kool aid. You have a Mustang, not a show car. But it is a nice mustang, but it will be in a junk yard on avg in 10 years. 5 years from now our cars will look dated, be slow and be worth 5k. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy it, it's only a Stang. And I fail to see what a show car and an oil change have to do with each other.
Sorry you don't know what a show car is and your response proves my point. Takes no talent? Just money? Ya right LOL! Its that very train of thought why there are so many "Modding disasters" out there. I can post pic's of the most butt ugly cars you have ever seen from people that had all kinds of money to burn but totally clueless when it comes to how to mod a car into a show winner. That my friend takes "talent" not money.............

I suppose now your going to tell me that Chip Foose does not build show cars either and has no talent right? I mean since he gets a car from Ford and slaps some parts on and slaps some paint it.........

And just so you know I do drive and enjoy the hell out of my car but to me and many others that I know its not "only a Stang"

But whatever, to each his own...........................
Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Tell him Cutter. He knows not of what he speaks.

Quick Reply: So I went to get a oil change at the dealer...