Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input/Ideas/Suggestions Please....I am bored

Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

I've always liked black on white themed cars, however, to my eye, it's too much white toward the rear or not enough white up front. With the CS stripe fading to nothing, I think it would look better without the quarter louvers. Or something to balance the back with the front. Paint the spoiler black maybe or replace it with a steeda street wing in black? Having a GT/CS myself, I hate to even suggest it, but maybe replacing the CS stripe with a solid one all the way back. Or go all white, remove the stripe and paint the chin white. IMO, the chrome pony on the grill does not compliment the black on white theme very well either. To each his own. What do you think the car needs?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
I've always liked black on white themed cars, however, to my eye, it's too much white toward the rear or not enough white up front. With the CS stripe fading to nothing, I think it would look better without the quarter louvers. Or something to balance the back with the front. Paint the spoiler black maybe or replace it with a steeda street wing in black? Having a GT/CS myself, I hate to even suggest it, but maybe replacing the CS stripe with a solid one all the way back. Or go all white, remove the stripe and paint the chin white. IMO, the chrome pony on the grill does not compliment the black on white theme very well either. To each his own. What do you think the car needs?
All great suggestions. I think it just needs a "pop". It looks blah to me. Someone suggested in the past of upgrading the brakes and painting the calipers red, just to throw some color in there. I liked the idea and cinsidered it.

I agree, I don't like the chrome pony either, but it ties in with the chrome faux cap on the rear. I always try to even out the car's front with the rear. Maybe just do a fog delete and keep the pony........

With having a CS, I want to keep the original chin.......and at some point I plan on painting the side stripe on the car and continue it to the rear like the '68 CS's. Plus, the damn vinyl stripe is looking dingy anyway(gotta love Ford's factory vinyl stripes).

When I paint the spoiler, the Foose hood will be painted with a flat black scheme as well.

Right now I am more focused on performance..................I have plenty of time to figure out the "final" look. And I guarantee it will change about 100 times, lol.

Keep the ideas coming though, they are very helpful. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

A white lip on the rims might help to break up the tire and rim so they dont appear as one solid piece, Full black rims always look funny to my.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
A white lip on the rims might help to break up the tire and rim so they dont appear as one solid piece, Full black rims always look funny to my.
I have debated this as well. Here is a picture of my car in drag trim. I love both sets of wheels on my car.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

SHR Louvers. They will make it alot more sleak/streamline but should still keep the aggressive look you have now.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Thanks all for the input and suggestions. I have thought of a few things when it comes to the grill and doing a fog delete. I know I will be purchasing the Foose Stallion hood eventually. As for the spoiler, well I will tell you that I bought a roush spoiler not too long ago and then ended up selling it because I was just too torn on whether I would have liked it on the car or not. I actually dig the stock spoiler................I plan on painting it a flat black anyway.

Again, I appreicate all the suggestions and compliments. I guess not being able to drive the car lately has me wanting to buy something for it instead. LOL, oh well. On with the go fast goodies!
that hood will be nice and then paint the spoiler black to break up the white and your done haha
Old 10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Right now I am more focused on performance..................
Old 10-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Hell no, Dave. Heads and cams!!!

Last edited by Croft; 10-15-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

laura how bout some agent 47 mirrors?

they look great (even/especially unpainted) on a white GT/CS

layla agrees
Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here you go Laura, Large flat black hood strip with outside pin stipe to match your side stipes, black out you grill Mustang and you will have your POP!. Also think about adding some Agent 47 mirror to finsh it off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Input/Ideas/Suggestions Please....I am bored