Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention all Hoods

Old 10-24-2009, 08:45 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Southern Stang 722
Mine is bubbling up by the winshield and down on the front bumper in one place. I thought it was just in an accident or something and someone didn't do their job on prep. Carfax shows a clean record, but if you look on the passenger side door and rear quarter someone has done some paint work. And they had no idea what they were doing either, I could have done a better job outside without a booth...
People take CARFAX as the Bible... Bad habit.

A lot of small wrecks get unreported or unclaimed because most folks have a $500 deductible and if you're under 25 and claim a wreck, even a minor one, you policy rate will go sky high.

So there are a lot of those that get fixed out of the owner pocket and Carfax will never know about them.
I even had $3000+ damages rolling in my shop from customers that were on the edge of losing any chances of finding Insurances because they drive like ******** and wreck every other months.
Well, in fact, they were ********. lol.

Not to mentioned that some cars get hurt before they even get sold to the public.
Dealer lots are not a safe heaven for their own cars...
Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM
GTorangeGT
1st Gear Member

hahahhahahahhaha your suing ford! cost them a lot of money. haha take a chill pill dude and the money you'll waste and loose buy a new hood your not going to win
Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
salnascar

Originally Posted by pascal
You want your whole car stripped?!?!
If so, you're one delusional dude. No offense...

And good luck suing Ford.
Please hurry back here when you win.
I'll buy you a case of beer.

Oh, and the Better Business Bureau is as efficient as trying to hit the moon with a slingshot from here...

I understand your frustration but you're not choosing the path of facility on this one.
Ford is doing the suing right now and they win! Against any business that uses the world Mustang as their name.
Like one of our sponsor here: American Muscle, their name used to be "Mustang Tuning".
Ford said no. You can't use the Mustang name for you business.
So they had to change like many others upon losing that battle...

So, what's your chances you think?
Sorry I don't want the car stripped. A body shop we deal with and does our paint has ben waiting 3 mounths now to lay stripes on the car, and due to this crap the car i guess will have to go in over the winter to get done . I don't want to stripe the car and find out the hood is going to rot.
And as far as having a chance I have a good one. Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
salnascar

Originally Posted by GTorangeGT
hahahhahahahhaha your suing ford! cost them a lot of money. haha take a chill pill dude and the money you'll waste and loose buy a new hood your not going to win
Well I guess when you purchased your Mustang and paid all that money, you didn't care about the problems it came with, you where happy you got a Stang.
Well Ford a guess can build anything anyway they want and get away with it right. Sorry man but money dont grow on trees we work hard for it, and those who try to take our money and not give us what we paid for are wrong.
Thanks for the post.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by salnascar
Sorry I don't want the car stripped. A body shop we deal with and does our paint has ben waiting 3 mounths now to lay stripes on the car, and due to this crap the car i guess will have to go in over the winter to get done . I don't want to stripe the car and find out the hood is going to rot.
And as far as having a chance I have a good one. Thanks
Post back when you win that suit because I wanna frame this.
I'm saying that without sarcasm due to the fact that Ford have been hurting small businesses and private folks for so long and getting away with it, that I'd love to see them get a kick in the *** for a change.

It happened to State Farm, it could happen to Ford...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:16 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

And good luck suing Ford.
Please hurry back here when you win.
I'll buy you a case of beer.

Oh, and the Better Business Bureau is as efficient as trying to hit the moon with a slingshot from here...
Very true. Ford has soooo much money and so many powerful lawyers that you have not a chance in hell. I know it sucks and you feel ripped off but dont waste the time or money on a lawsuit. Your best bet is too bitch to your dealer and make their lives hell until its corrected. Otherwise save the "lawsuit" money and buy a better looking after market hood and move on.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
salnascar

Post back when you win that suit because I wanna frame this.
I'm saying that without sarcasm due to the fact that Ford have been hurting small businesses and private folks for so long and getting away with it, that I'd love to see them get a kick in the *** for a change.

It happened to State Farm, it could happen to Ford...
Well today Oct. 27 2009 at 10:21 am I received a call from the local Ford DLR and was told to bring the car in and they will do all that is necessary to correct the problem with the hood and the dash pc covering the speedo. This After receiving a confirmation and case # from Ford, The BBB, and my personal Lawyer. Well guy I guess it pays to yell a little louder some times. Thanks for the input and when they get done i will post all they did. All who have this problem should E-mail Ford direct and file with the BBB It works.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem with my hood. Oxidation on the front edges of the hood, which turns to bubbles, then the paint peels away leaving a white powdery residue that covers the metal. I knew of this when I bought my car, and waited till it just was unsightly. My wife works for a Ford dealership, so they replaced the whole hood for nada. I'm sure glad that I have an in with Ford. I do belive that you are covered for corrosion though.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by salnascar
Well today Oct. 27 2009 at 10:21 am I received a call from the local Ford DLR and was told to bring the car in and they will do all that is necessary to correct the problem with the hood and the dash pc covering the speedo. This After receiving a confirmation and case # from Ford, The BBB, and my personal Lawyer. Well guy I guess it pays to yell a little louder some times. Thanks for the input and when they get done i will post all they did. All who have this problem should E-mail Ford direct and file with the BBB It works.
Well I'm happy for you.
Good deed.
Keep a close eye on that dealer, make sure that the "all that is necessary" is in fact, all that is necessary.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:24 PM
salnascar

Well I'm happy for you.
Good deed.
Keep a close eye on that dealer, make sure that the "all that is necessary" is in fact, all that is necessary.
Pascal here is somehting new .Got a call at 5:10 pm today from DLR and they got 2 code (generic) P0420 and P0430 they told me the cats are melted and can't figure out why and when they do they can get Ford to warranty them. Why do Cats melt and show no codes other them the 2 . Is it possible i have leaky injectors i've been going thru gas lately like it's water. Have you heard of any thing like this before and what was the fix other them the cats. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention all Hoods