Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Lettering on Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Default White Lettering on Tires

Hey guys. I've always been a fan of the older American Muscle cars, and the white lettering on the tires. But I wasn't thinking when I got new tires for my stock 17's back in May (About 5,000 miles ago). If I wasn't having a brain fart at the time, I would have looked for decent tires with white lettering. So today while at work, I did a quick little paint job on my rear tires just to get an idea. (Pics included) It was a sloppy job since I did it in less than 15 min. at work. But it was just for me to get a visual reference.

I will probably wash it off, and sometime this month or early next month, shop around for proper paints or whatever in order to do it right. Unless you guys know of an easier/better way to achieve my goal. Buying new tires is out of the question since these ones are practically new themselves. Any input would be welcomed.

The same but larger:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/...91ecbb5d_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3481/...5005857a_o.jpg
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

First off, love your color. Second off - I think it looks great, real muscle car look.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Thanks NJ! That's a Redfire for ya. Yeah, I'm thinking when I have some time, I'll go look around for paints that work best on rubber (if there is such a thing), unless someone else has a better/cleaner idea. I just used run of the mill auto paint for this quick job. Had I taken a closer photo, you'd see the crap job I did. Plus, the driver side is flying off while driving since I didn't really clean the tire shine off too well.

But like I said, I just did it for a visual representation. I'll probably just wash it off tomorrow since I don't know what that paint will do to my tire
Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

i like it man looks great
Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

ya that looks really cool
Old 10-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

I have the exactly same car (color), though I have the polished wheels but I think it looks great... I really want the rear louvers, get rid of my spoiler and dam I must say add the white lettering... Good stuff... Can you even buy tires like that any more?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all.

You know, I haven't even checked. I know for larger vehicles like trucks and suvs they still sell them with white lettering. I haven't checked for cars, though. I'm gonna look to see if there is a better way to painting or adding the letters, and then preserve them so I'm not constantly touching them up, if that's even possible.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I think it looks great. And Im glad they are the GOODYEAR's because I dont think the wite would look so good on the Pirelli's
Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

This was a topic back a few years ago. It was my first mod on my 06. I tried it the first week I had the car.
I used the duplicolor tire paint pen. It looked great for about 2 wks. There are other products out there as well, but none seem permanent.
I didn't have the time to redo it every few weeks, so I dropped it.
The white-letter tires are not really availble for the Mustangs; trucks & SUV's no problem.
Bottom line, if you want to spend the time you can have white-letter tires.
Attached Thumbnails White Lettering on Tires-mustang-018.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Aircare, very cool. Yeah, I'll look into that too. Didn't even know there was such a thing. I definately would like a permanent, or longer term solution. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: White Lettering on Tires