Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I never win anything...until Brenspeed open house

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:46 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by foolio2k4
It looks to me like theres no air blowing into the supershaker. Thats the whole point of that. Get a huge *** blower on top of that and im SURE you'll make more power.
I am sure he will too....but that is not realistic at all since we dont have 100+ MPH head winds all the time....the supershaker opens up to draw more air in (like ram air) and many times you dont see gains until over 40 MPH...

I would rather have a real world tune for suboptimal conditions instead of creating ideal conditions which are not realistic....JMO
Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 AM
fireguyty
1st Gear Member

Nothing yet?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:43 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Toy4Bob, I know it hurts to see those numbers, there are 2 factors that are going to take hp numbers away, one being the 4.10's and the other being the wider, heavier rims/tires. Chandlers car makes 470 rwhp on his FR500 rims and makes 509 rwhp with stock bulletts. He is running a Techco @ 10 psi w/ 4.10's.

That being said, yes stock mustangs rwhp varies all the time. I wish there was not a drastic difference from car to car but there is. A stage 3 kit is rated at 430 rwhp but we have seen as much as 460 rwhp and as little as 400rwhp on the same tune. There is little we can do at that point to get you more power, have to give you a safe tune.

Bottom line, if you love your car, who cars, I gaurentee you are not going to get beat on the street. Saleens are awesome blowers produce awesome torque numbers.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
Toy4Bob, I know it hurts to see those numbers, there are 2 factors that are going to take hp numbers away, one being the 4.10's and the other being the wider, heavier rims/tires. Chandlers car makes 470 rwhp on his FR500 rims and makes 509 rwhp with stock bulletts. He is running a Techco @ 10 psi w/ 4.10's.

That being said, yes stock mustangs rwhp varies all the time. I wish there was not a drastic difference from car to car but there is. A stage 3 kit is rated at 430 rwhp but we have seen as much as 460 rwhp and as little as 400rwhp on the same tune. There is little we can do at that point to get you more power, have to give you a safe tune.

Bottom line, if you love your car, who cars, I gaurentee you are not going to get beat on the street. Saleens are awesome blowers produce awesome torque numbers.
Wow, that is a big difference on wheels...

Thanks for the info... some of it is also what someone else from Brenspeed stated answering an email I sent... see below. I am happy with the butt dyno, and anyone I have given a ride or driven it is very impressed, just really expected / wanted to see 420ish + based on everything read...

I do love my car, and am very impressed with how high and close to the HP numbers the torque is

Last edited by Toy4Bob; 11-04-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the input / comments guys. Last night I emailed Brenspeed with my concerns, and got the below response. I am not blaming them or questioning knowledge at all, they certainly are well beyond my limited knowledge, so thought would post for your thoughts.....if nothing else it makes for good discussions.

We have seen 400-450 RWHP with that same package on different cars. The entire package is dependent on timing which can be drastically effected by ambient air temp, air charge temps, coolant temps, etc. I know it was cool outside, but your charge temps could have been very high which would have caused low timing.

I watched your boost and you were getting the 9-9.5 psi that you are supposed to. I do know that the Saleen SS set-up has a relocated air sensor which has proven to be very sensitive because it was located in an ideal place for incoming air not dyno air. I am certain that Air intake temps caused the car to run safe timing and the aftermarket wheels could have robbed 10-15 rwhp also. I could not guarantee that even a complete in-house one off tune would result in anymore power. You are running the best calibration that simply just ran a safe timing level to save on your engine.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Toy4Bob- I merged the threads and removed the link in one of your posts.......enjoy
OK... will those that replied to the other thread probably not be notified of updates to this thread?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:21 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Toy4Bob,

How long did it take to install the super shaker; including cutting a hole in the hood? I'm planning get boosted within the next three months and the super shaker is the top choice on my s/c list.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Mounty 09

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Toy4Bob,

How long did it take to install the super shaker; including cutting a hole in the hood? I'm planning get boosted within the next three months and the super shaker is the top choice on my s/c list.
We already had the hole cut in the hood from the CDC shaker. I think that probably took 2-3 hours to cut. It took us about 2 full days to put the super charger on from when we first started to when we took it out for a drive.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mounty 09
We already had the hole cut in the hood from the CDC shaker. I think that probably took 2-3 hours to cut. It took us about 2 full days to put the super charger on from when we first started to when we took it out for a drive.
Ok, thanks. Did you have to send your PCM to Saleen for programming? That's the only thing I hate about the kit. I wish the kit came with a tuner so you can just load it and not have to wait for the PCM. I wonder if Brenspeed can provide a tuner with a custom tune for the super shaker when I buy it so I don't need to send in my PCM to Saleen.

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 11-08-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Ok, thanks. Did you have to send your PCM to Saleen for programming? That's the only thing I hate about the kit. I wish the kit came with a tuner so you can just load it and not have to wait for the PCM. I wonder if Brenspeed can provide a tuner with a custom tune for the super shaker when I buy it so I don't need to send in my PCM to Saleen.
Don't have to send PCM to Saleen, Brenspeed and other tuners can supply the tune / tuner.

Quick Reply: I never win anything...until Brenspeed open house