Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying my first Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Default Buying my first Stang!

Hello all

My first post and wanted to say hello to you all here, I live in the UK but do business in Florida most often so I am usually over 4 months of the year total and have decided to buy a stang in September.

My local ford dealer will be my supplier, I am thinking of buying a GT in Screaming Yellow and getting the stripes pained on after by someone else to avoid steep dealer charges.

I need a little advise please, I have a few bits I want to upgrade to but would like your opinions on the bits, Maybe I can buy some parts online:?

OK first I am thinking of getting the Shaker 1000 Audio system
Next either the interior sport or the upgrade interior package.
18' Bullet Wheels with spinner caps.

Do you guys think the stang will likly drop in price soon with the 06 models coming out?

Also what colour do most seem to avoid and take notice of? Can't make up my mind, keep thinking about the screaming Yellow with black racing sripes.

Any advice welcome

Thank you

Stuart
Old 07-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Buying my first Stang!

Congrats! I recommend the IUP package, as it makes a good impression, even over the nice sport package. When you talk about stripes do you mean the racing stripes or the side stripes? Side stripes like mine are factory, usually on just the V-6s. Hood stripes, painted, cost a LOT more! My Screaming Yellow gets lots of looks but for some reason here on the West Coast it attracts tiny flying insects. They are always on it!
Don't waste money getting the Skipper 1000. In fact, see if they can delete it on the invoice. I wish I could have bought one with NO radio. Get an aftermarket with a changer that allows you to pull out the cartridge and load it in your house.
As for price, don't expect to be able to pay less than MSRP. No price drop is expected. Even if you order one. And you will have a long wait, if you've been paying attention to posts here. I think if you find a good salesman at a dealership that sold lots of 05's he will have a good allotment of 06's and if you offer to pay sticker price he should hook you up. Try several dealers if you have to.
The 18" with spinners, if available, are the way to go!
Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/05912C43131B4E688905C8D955BD2087.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-17-2005, 10:39 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Shaker 1000 is an upgrade from Ford so speak to the dealer.

You need the interior upgrade package for sure and it doesnt cost much extra!

As for color - everyone on this site will say something different - I love red or grey but not a fan of yellow cars, if you want lots of attention though maybe yellow is best for you!

18 inch bullitts with spinners are available all over the web - use the search facility on this site to see where everybody else bought there's......I used partshopper.com

Where in Florida and are you keeping it in the State or moving it over to the UK as I did??

Nick
Old 07-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Hello guys

Thanks for the messages, from the sound of it the IUP is the way to go and my dealer says its only $500 extra so thats not to bad at all, When you say Skipper 1000 do you mean the Shaker 1000? What is the reason for not having this extra? Dealer says $1000 extra for that so I am not sure now but still not fully decided.

Looking at Nicks Stang (who is also in the UK) Mineral Grey is the way to go, that is a classy car for sure!

I asked my dealer what the deal is with waiting for my stang and he said about 8 weeks for the 06 models, although not sure how true that is!

Hardest thing I am having to get hold is the actual price that my dealer is selling the GT Auto with IUP , can't get a price out of him!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Outatime

Hello guys

Thanks for the messages, from the sound of it the IUP is the way to go and my dealer says its only $500 extra so thats not to bad at all, When you say Skipper 1000 do you mean the Shaker 1000? What is the reason for not having this extra? Dealer says $1000 extra for that so I am not sure now but still not fully decided.

Looking at Nicks Stang (who is also in the UK) Mineral Grey is the way to go, that is a classy car for sure!

I asked my dealer what the deal is with waiting for my stang and he said about 8 weeks for the 06 models, although not sure how true that is!

Hardest thing I am having to get hold is the actual price that my dealer is selling the GT Auto with IUP , can't get a price out of him!
It is the Shaker 1000 - the 'Skipper' comment I believe was a joke as they skip playing CD's and have had other problems, $1k for 500 Watts is too much for me - I think the Shaker 500 is a great system and all that I need!

8 weeks my *£$ - no way.......I would not buy it thinking you will get it that quick, that way if you do get it in 8 weeks it will be a nice surprise!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:17 PM
wkeith1986

I have the Shaker 1000...I actually bought my car used (long story but only 6k on it). The guy had payed for the Shaker when he got it so I didn't have much of a choice. I really really like it, its the best stock system I have heard including the bose systems and whatnot. That being said however, for the price it will cost you to upgrade you could put in a far better aftermarket system. Perhaps even Nav if you spend you money wisely. Congrats on joining the club, I know once you get it you'll love it. Have you had a chance to drive one yet?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the Shaker update, think I will stick to the 500 version.

Damn it, ok people what do I do... don't know if I can wait till the end of the year for my stang
Old 07-20-2005, 01:54 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Outatime

Thanks for the Shaker update, think I will stick to the 500 version.

Damn it, ok people what do I do... don't know if I can wait till the end of the year for my stang
if you want to get one today...import it from Canada. There are tons of them just sitting on dealer lots up here. You can have one next week
Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

if you want to get one today...import it from Canada. There are tons of them just sitting on dealer lots up here. You can have one next week
bahbahblacksheep is right, the dealer I bought from, which I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST DEALING WITH (see other postings by me) has 4 verts sitting on their lot, 3 GT's and 1 V6.....
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: FemmeCanuck

ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

bahbahblacksheep is right, the dealer I bought from, which I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST DEALING WITH (see other postings by me) has 4 verts sitting on their lot, 3 GT's and 1 V6.....
That's what I keep telling people. It's weird when you see so many on the lots around here that people can't get them in the US.

Outatime - Follow your heart dude. The car looks bitchin in every colour. If you like the yellow with the black stripes, go for it.

Quick Reply: Buying my first Stang!