Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded in my '13 GT for a...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:33 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Default Traded in my '13 GT for a...........

Black 2014 GT Premium, A6!

I liked the '13, but the damned clutch pedal stuck to the floor one too many times.

I really think the black looks much better than my old Sterling Gray. I like some of the options the premium had, mainly the leather and shaker system. Track Apps was a bonus too.

I spent all afternoon Saturday de-modding, stereo, speakers/subs, amps, cai and exhaust. The exhaust went on the new one everything else is headed for the "for sale" section.

Here is a shot of the new GT.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:50 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I love the black with the black rims. Track apps is pretty sweet as well. After having the premium there's really no way I could ever go back and lose some of the creature comforts. Before I bought my 2013 GT/CS I looked at a GT500, but it did not have some of the tech features so I passed on it.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Those are some of my favorite rims Ford has made, I wish mine came with them
Old 04-27-2015, 03:32 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kirk35
Black 2014 GT Premium, A6!

I liked the '13, but the damned clutch pedal stuck to the floor one too many times.

I really think the black looks much better than my old Sterling Gray. I like some of the options the premium had, mainly the leather and shaker system. Track Apps was a bonus too.

I spent all afternoon Saturday de-modding, stereo, speakers/subs, amps, cai and exhaust. The exhaust went on the new one everything else is headed for the "for sale" section.

Here is a shot of the new GT.

Looking great Kirk!

It's always a great feeling to get behind the wheel of a new car and know you have a clean slate to start modding!

She looks great man! What are your plans for her now?

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me!

-Will
Old 04-27-2015, 04:05 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Looks absolutely awesome.

might i suggest some 20 inch chrome wheels? These really set a black car off.

Great car.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:46 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments guys, I love the wheels on this one. My '13 had the silver 5-spokes and I never really liked them too much.

As far as mods go a tune is the first thing I need, Ford left a lot to be desired with the shift points and firmness. I'm not planning on anything else in the near future, I'm saving up for an Edelbrock supercharger install next summer, I had originally planned on installing it on the '13.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kirk35
Thanks for the compliments guys, I love the wheels on this one. My '13 had the silver 5-spokes and I never really liked them too much.

As far as mods go a tune is the first thing I need, Ford left a lot to be desired with the shift points and firmness. I'm not planning on anything else in the near future, I'm saving up for an Edelbrock supercharger install next summer, I had originally planned on installing it on the '13.
A tune would definitely be a great start man!

The first mod to my 2014 Track Pack GT was a Bama SF4 Power Flash Tuner at 100 miles! I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will
Old 04-29-2015, 09:59 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Love the new ride especially in black with those wheels. I love my Boss 302 and the 6spd it comes with, but if I was in the market for another 5.0 I would get the auto. Too many issues with the 6spd especially under heavy load. A friend of mine is on his 4th transmission. I have never raced my Boss but I have gotten up on it a few times and sometimes it just doesn't sound good or feel good.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1BAD3V
Love the new ride especially in black with those wheels. I love my Boss 302 and the 6spd it comes with, but if I was in the market for another 5.0 I would get the auto. Too many issues with the 6spd especially under heavy load. A friend of mine is on his 4th transmission. I have never raced my Boss but I have gotten up on it a few times and sometimes it just doesn't sound good or feel good.
I did enjoy driving the six speed, but like you said the MT-82 obviously has some issues. So far the auto feels good, I think with a tune and a stall it will be awesome.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Love the wheels man

Quick Reply: Traded in my '13 GT for a...........