Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pypes muffler delete exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Default pypes muffler delete exhaust

i'm thinking about spending my birthday money on some mods for my car. i thought about a cold air intake, but i figured i could hold off until christmas for that. i was looking at exhausts and one that caught my attention was the pypes axleback muffler delete exhaust. it seems like a good buy, however i've read a few reviews on it and a few people i talked to said that sometimes when trying to install it one of the pipes wouldn't line up right or something. i don't plan on installing it myself because i don't want to risk messing anything up on my car. what do you guys think about this exhaust? should i get it? and if so would you recommend getting it from americanmuscle.com? all responses are appreciated

best regards,

ben
Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 AM
luvmygt
2nd Gear Member

Many people have had problems getting products from the pypes brand to align properly (myself included) when doing it yourself. A professional shop shouldn't have too many issues though.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
KennyLSU
1st Gear Member

Where in TX are you? I have a set of MD's that I would let go very cheap. One of the hanger hooks had to be cut off after an accident, but can easily be installed by a muffler shop. PM me for details on a price if you are interested.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

My buddy helped me install the Pypes Streetpro axleback single exhaust on my 4.0. The exhaust went on with no problems, however it is high and really close to my rear bumper.
Have you considered the SLP loudmouth exhaust?? They sound great on GT's!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
My buddy helped me install the Pypes Streetpro axleback single exhaust on my 4.0. The exhaust went on with no problems, however it is high and really close to my rear bumper.
Have you considered the SLP loudmouth exhaust?? They sound great on GT's!!
I have never thought about those. I might look into those now that you mention it, a kid up here has the loudmouths on his gt and it sounds amazing. Especially in the parking garage, loud as hell.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Trust me on this.....Keep your stock mufflers and just upgrade your midpipe.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I had the muffler deletes on for a year then took them off. They sound nice for the price, but mine did not align right. Their brackets were way off, but then again, I think it's because the 08s+ have different muffler hanger/housings in the rear (it said so in one of the AM catalogs.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Trust me on this.....Keep your stock mufflers and just upgrade your midpipe.
ROFL... the truth!

I didn't appreciate the sound of the stock mufflers until I swapped them out! I have them back on and they're staying on!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
esab

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I had the muffler deletes on for a year then took them off. They sound nice for the price, but mine did not align right. Their brackets were way off, but then again, I think it's because the 08s+ have different muffler hanger/housings in the rear (it said so in one of the AM catalogs.
They went from rubber/steel hangers to all rubber. You can buy a new hanger kit for like $50 from AM. I did not bother and have no probs with the hangers. I just had minor issues how boomtubs fit. Nothing a little grinding with a dremmel could not solve.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
ROFL... the truth!

I didn't appreciate the sound of the stock mufflers until I swapped them out! I have them back on and they're staying on!
Got any vids of your car? I want to hear shorties with stock mufflers, and maybe stock midpipe.

Quick Reply: pypes muffler delete exhaust