Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Super Charger...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CalmLikeaBomb
I find this post kind of funny. I have a Novi2200 and have no problem getting into boost when I want. lol Ive driven a twin screen Saleen S197 and have I actually have more top end than him. You make it out like itll take 15 seconds to hit full boost lol
Mmmmm yeah..."there is no competition to the twinscrew" lol. I'll take the high rpm hp of a centrifugal anyday.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

See i dont race at the track or autocross .. but mainly on closed roads against buddys, and its my DD with a 2 hours commute to base ! ... I live in cali, and looking at a lot of these SC's im having more issues now trying to find one thats CARB legal ! Damn cali ! I love the Techo sounds amazing and the Saleen at WOT with the wine is just nasty ...damn the emmions nazzis in cali ! You guys have helpd alot, had my wife add this to her favorites since she will be doing the ordering for me when im in Afghan in 2 months. She loves the Saleen Super shaker......LOL She likes the way the engine bay is less cluttered. And the wine makes her wanna go for a ride I think my mid life crisis is gonna be the SC and 10 grand worth of mods to the beast ..lol Thats justified right ..???
Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
See i dont race at the track or autocross .. but mainly on closed roads against buddys, and its my DD with a 2 hours commute to base ! ... I live in cali, and looking at a lot of these SC's im having more issues now trying to find one thats CARB legal ! Damn cali ! I love the Techo sounds amazing and the Saleen at WOT with the wine is just nasty ...damn the emmions nazzis in cali ! You guys have helpd alot, had my wife add this to her favorites since she will be doing the ordering for me when im in Afghan in 2 months. She loves the Saleen Super shaker......LOL She likes the way the engine bay is less cluttered. And the wine makes her wanna go for a ride I think my mid life crisis is gonna be the SC and 10 grand worth of mods to the beast ..lol Thats justified right ..???
Absolutely... Stay safe out there.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well some time ago my car got voted one of the loudest superchargers around. Keep in mind, this is only the 9lbs pulley. The Saleens are probably your best bet. And absolute loudest, is there super shaker. But heres mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywifnsQ_VDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3d3-Odrod0

Originally Posted by CalmLikeaBomb
I find this post kind of funny. I have a Novi2200 and have no problem getting into boost when I want. lol Ive driven a twin screen Saleen S197 and have I actually have more top end than him. You make it out like itll take 15 seconds to hit full boost lol
Cant agree with you more.... I HAVE A TWIN SCREW and I get pissed when I see all these people who talk about the difference in RPM Vs. Boost on the centuries. Its basically the same as turbo lag. I mean they have made the tuning so much better, and efficiencies so good that you hardly notice it in any situation. Ok, I say maybe my twin screw makes more power below 3K RPM. WHO THE HELL CARES? Who is actually below 3k RPM when driving hard? How long are you down there? I love my twin screw, but your fooling yourself if you think they are THAT much better then any other setup. Its no instant win by taking your twin screw against a centri.

Last edited by JDWalton; 11-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:17 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

If you want loud check out the BDS 671!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

looks great.... for a small block Chevy. I think hes looking at loudest of practical and redily available options for a 05+ mustang....
Old 11-23-2009, 12:12 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Simon1
I think alot of the total noise also depends on the PSI the blower is making.

8 psi doesn't sound like 16 psi.
True but that 16 psi is hard to resist .....the sound clips for the 600 + cobra I am sure was running 16 +psi
Originally Posted by Simon1
I'll post a sound clip of my new KB at 16psi in a few months.
Sweet....looking forward to it
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Damn that saleen blower is so insane, I want one!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:45 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

ty ;-)
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
True but that 16 psi is hard to resist .....the sound clips for the 600 + cobra I am sure was running 16 +psi

Sweet....looking forward to it
I'm already gathering parts for the KB switch. I got a complete Basanni exhaust sitting in Sactown's garage that I bought from a guy for $150, including the OEM cats. The crappy thing is, in order for me to get a CARB number from KB, I have to purchase a comeplete kit and not a tuner kit. So I will have some parts to sell when I'm kit the KB kit. Oh well. It's just money right?

As soon as I'm done with my home remodel (95% done) and I will start tearing my car apart, take off all the turbo stuff and sell it. Then buy the KB and put it on.

It should be fun.

Quick Reply: Loudest Super Charger...