Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Mustang GT, Let the modding begin!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! Bmws are great cars too, my cousin had an m3. How did your 2010 handle at 140?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by THEBLACKSTANG
Welcome to the forums! Bmws are great cars too, my cousin had an m3. How did your 2010 handle at 140?
No drama at all at 140 and the only issue was the brakes. I can tell these brakes are going to be the first thing to be replaced. My BMW brakes were MUCH better but they won't be for long.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Spend your first $5000.00 on losing weight. It will be the smartest money you ever spent.

Lost weight = HP and better handling

Mods that add weight, like most traditional ones, keep requiring more HP, and compromise handling. The first stage should be a 200lb weight loss(29 HP gain) which will include 67lbs of rotating mass loss (25HP gain), which will be the equivalent total HP gain of about 55HP. This is done with no compromise to the interior or look of the car.

Add that to a N/A 93 octane tune, and all the standard engine and exhaust goodies for the typical 315 rwhp(370 flywheel) standard N/A performance gain, and then add your above weight savings equivalent, plus some 3:73 gears, and you have a Mustang that is far lighter, more nimble, (after suspension change out) and at a HP equivalent of aprrox. 440 HP calculating actual HP gains plus weight loss, rotating mass loss, and shorter gear ratio equivalent HP.

Or just do what everyone else does and add a heavy blower, heavy wheels, and plod around at about 3730lbs, with a lot more rotating mass weight on your wheels and tires.

Oh, please don't listen to Drag Racers. They will cast their spell on you, and you'll wake up in two years realizing you are misleadingly badly set up to actually take corners and push out of corners fast because of all the rigid straight line stuff you waisted your money on. Welcome to the forums. Erik

Last edited by eolson; 11-25-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Where in California are you located?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:30 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Like I said.....keep it stock and be happy. Ok, maybe replace your midpipe to wake up the V8 sound a little and get a CAI and tune (if you don't have the aggressive tune from Ford).
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
Spend your first $5000.00 on losing weight. It will be the smartest money you ever spent.

Mods that add weight, like most traditional ones, keep requiring more HP, and compromise handling. The first stage should be a 200lb weight loss(29 HP gain) which will include 67lbs of rotating mass loss (25HP gain), which will be the equivalent total HP gain of about 55HP. This is done with no compromise to the interior or look of the car.

Add that to a N/A 93 octane tune, and all the standard engine and exhaust goodies for the typical 315 rwhp(370 flywheel) standard N/A performance gain, and then add your above weight savings equivalent, plus some 3:73 gears, and you have a Mustang that is far lighter, more nimble, (after suspension change out) and at a HP equivalent of aprrox. 440 HP calculating actual HP gains plus weight loss, rotating mass loss, and shorter gear ratio equivalent HP.

Or just do what everyone else does and add a heavy blower, heavy wheels, and plod around at about 3730lbs, with a lot more rotating mass weight on your wheels and tires.

Oh, please don't listen to Drag Racers. They will cast their spell on you, and you'll wake up in two years realizing you are misleadingly badly set up to actually take corners and push out of corners fast because of all the rigid straight line stuff you waisted your money on. Welcome to the forums. Erik
He is suggesting Jenny Craig not reality
Old 11-25-2009, 11:52 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson

I needed that reality check and you are right loosing weight is a great place to start. I could even imagine some Sparco seats in there.

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
Where in California are you located?
I live in Irvine right near Sand Canyon and the 5 freeway. I see your in HB, maybe we could meet up?

I work closely with the guys over at Magnaflow and I know I could get a great deal on a full cat back. I have also shipped some of the Sparco seats over the years and know I could get a great deal on some seats but am not sure if I want to mess with the interior or not just yet.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Yeah for sure! my friends and I are probably doing Cars and Coffee this weekend, its always big on the holiday weekends. You should join us!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:44 AM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

SC'r, LT's, Mufflers, Wheels
Old 11-26-2009, 02:07 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Well assuming you came from a new 335, you're used to twin turbos... I say put twin turbos on the GT and see how it feels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2010 Mustang GT, Let the modding begin!