Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Know, Another Seafoam Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Default I Know, Another Seafoam Question

even though it's been 'covered', i'm still not 100% sure which line to suck it through (i'm mainly wanting to do this to try and rid my car of a bad sulfury exhaust smell).

in the picture, is this the correct line from the brake booster (what's right in front of my hand):

if i'm wrong in the first one, in this pic, could someone please direct me to the correct hose. thanks

Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xeno
even though it's been 'covered', i'm still not 100% sure which line to suck it through (i'm mainly wanting to do this to try and rid my car of a bad sulfury exhaust smell).

in the picture, is this the correct line from the brake booster (what's right in front of my hand):

You got it right! Pop that hose off, start the car, and slowly have it slurp up the Seafoam, shut it off for 15min, put the hose back on, start it up and drive the **** out of it until it stops smoking
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

to those who have used it, do you recommend putting 1/3 or 1/2 through the tube? (iirc, i've seen both)
Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 AM
firestang24
2nd Gear Member

what does this do?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 AM
MN Mustang

I unplugged the small hose behind the throttle body and replaced it with a length of fuel hose and sucked out half a can. Car seems to idle better after, if anyone is getting some pinging it should take care of it.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:46 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeno
I used that little rubber hose right after the throttle body. It worked really well too. Didnt smoke as much as some peoples that I have seen but when I got on it after cleaning it out it did puff out some smoke.

Anyone notice the price of seafoam going up?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by firestang24
what does this do?
assuming it actually does what seafoam claims, it breaks down the carbon buildup in your intake, engine block, cats, etc.; it basically cleans out all the crud build up in your car. therefore making your car run better.

there's been enough positive comments about it, i'll believe it does what they say... actually, i have done this to our jeep before, and i did notice a little improvement in the way it ran.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by avengence
Anyone notice the price of seafoam going up?
yeah I have it went up $2 or $3 in the past year or so.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I still have a container of this stuff in my garage. Can't bring myself to run it through my intake as my car runs like new but thought I would stock up on a can if its its as good a solvent as folks make out.

I spray my TB down with TB cleaner every 10k along with cleaning my MAF with maf cleaner but cannot bring myself to run this stuff through my vacuum lines lol.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

i went ahead with the seafoam through the brake booster line; got the smoke show, and imo, it is idling and revving smoother now. if it has done everything as promised, i don't know, but i'm pleased so far

thanks for the input everyone

Quick Reply: I Know, Another Seafoam Question