Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

be careful what you ask for (TSB Nightmares)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

just out of curiosity what was wrong with your tranny to be covered by the TSB?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I was getting a loud pop when downshifting, particularly around 3rd and 2nd gear.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

not to be a dick...but why is the Dealership covering the Tranny at all?

you are sporting a blower after all

btw, sorry to hear abotu your continuing problems. I don't normally say this, but I agree with DB157. If they cannot figure out how to remove a tranny...that is scary. Aren't these guys supposed to be ASE Certified (worthless cert IMO)
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

to be honest, I dont really expect anything in the driveline to be covered, but it wont stop me from asking. Just because you have aftermarket parts, a place can not legaly deny a warranty claim. That becomes even harder on the shop, if the item has been identified as having manufacturing defects (the TSBs on it.) Shops positions legaly are not as strong as most people think.

That, and I know how I drive. If I actualy did something to it, I would put the money into it and fix it myself. While driving around my transmission went from smooth, to clunky, to loud audible pops, and they have a identified Ford problem that goes with it.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I know how fustrating it is, and feel for ya man. Hope you get it all straightened out.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:25 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Update!

ughhh.... still dont got it but progress made, with setbacks.

So they got it back together, there service manager took it for a ride, felt that reverse was harder to get into then it should be, took it apart again, finds the reverse lockout is bent, feels it came from the factory like that, and orders up the peice, this was wednesday the 9th. Told me might have it on Friday. I go in Friday afternoon, he tells me they got it all together, he took it for another test drive, they got back, put it on the lift see if anything was up, noticed a leak from the transmission. Upon investigation, they find the rear seal of the tranny is leaking, needs to be replaced, part should be in monday....... So it all goes right, I guess I will have the car back Monday, the 14th. About 2 days short of a month.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

At least they're done with the inards!

Tylus: ASE is like a degree (at least master tech is) it doesn't mean you know your way around a car necessarily (book smart, not common sense smart). THink of it like a college degree. Do you know how many people have them and are still idiots? Doesnt mean it's worthless, just means they have the theory or concept down (knowledge), not the real world part. (Wisdom)

That takes time.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well I got it back today. No more dash rattle, thats good, and 1st 2nd 3rd 5th, and reverse all easier then ever to get into. Feels better then the day I picked it up. But 4th has me a little digruntled. It is working but half the time I either really have to yank on it or give it a slow steady jiggle to get into.... Seems like I need to pull it a little more towads 2nd to get it to drop in. But I got it back, gonna drive it see if it gets better or if i need to get used to it a bit. Already called and informed there service manager though, that way I know they know I had a issue with it from pickup. Have a feeling I will be giving em my car back here soon...
Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Man, just read up on this thread and I feel your pain.

I had TSB tranny work done where they replaced my flywheel. Weeks after I got it back I was detailing the engine bay and noticed a dent and missing paint from the firewall. Then after further inspection noticed the missing paint was stuck to my intake manifold. After confronting them, they admitted they had to "lean" the engine back to get to the top 2 bell house bolts. "Lean" my ****!!! With the dent and missing paint they had to drop my engine. Never got resolved except to say the body shop manager came up with a tube of touch up paint and covered it up. He even gave me the tube of touch up paint as my consolation prize.

So be fortunate that didn't happen to yours!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well it didnt happen cause I had to tell them about lowering the K member and rotating the tranny! Then they called me and and I physicaly took the tranny out myself! lol... but yeah, I dont see why they had your intake in the way though......

I'm doing a flywheel and clutch in my moms 09 Bullitt soon, gonna take some shots of how I do it, hopefuly this weekend.