Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wipeout!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
MUFC 18

Ah that sucks, that's why I rock a 94 cavalier in the winter lol.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
Stock Pirellis and I also hear they suck...going from that pic I don't think they'd be very good on slippery surfaces. Mine came with BF Goodrich Traction T/A's which are sitting in bags now that winter's here. Now I have Blizzaks on all 4 corners and 100 lbs. worth of salt bags in the trunk.

Just wondered if you had snow tires on when you spun out...if so I would have been extremely worried...not that snow tires prevent all spin-outs, lol. When it comes to driving on black ice, NOTHING is safe!
I see the problem.
Pirelli P Zeros have Zero snow/ice traction.
They are awful on wet roads.
The road looks dry, you probably hit a droplet of water and the P Zeros didnt like that.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I'm in the northern Silver Spring area. Closer to the Washington DC metro area.

Guess I'm lucky the body shop still has my car so its clean and garaged. Our street has been unplowed too.. A neighbor with a 4x4 truck was able to carve a path out.. We're the fist house on the corner, but everyone else has been making the hike in the snow to the main road. No way to get to work today.. but the power just had to go out
You're mighty close to me ... I'm technically in Northern Silver Spring but I'd call it Wheaton ... just off Georgia Ave. I haven't moved my car since Friday but I'm thinking about it tomorrow. I think it's a bad idea tho. Took me FOREVER just to dig it out.

Sucks you don't have it back yet though.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Taken mid-storm Saturday:

And taken Sunday after A LOT of shoveling

I also don't really want to move it because I know someone will jack my nicely shoveled spot and leave me with either 1) no spot or 2) a snow and ice spot I can't get in or out of.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rls82959
I see the problem.
Pirelli P Zeros have Zero snow/ice traction.
They are awful on wet roads.
The road looks dry, you probably hit a droplet of water and the P Zeros didnt like that.
Right.. I didn't know they were summer tires till after.. so much for research during purchasing, eh. That probably was a huge factor in the accident. Wetness during winter + summer tires

Originally Posted by Aziraphale
You're mighty close to me ... I'm technically in Northern Silver Spring but I'd call it Wheaton ... just off Georgia Ave. I haven't moved my car since Friday but I'm thinking about it tomorrow. I think it's a bad idea tho. Took me FOREVER just to dig it out.

Sucks you don't have it back yet though.
Oh yeah, I know where Wheaton is. My location is kinda odd, it's between towns, but guess it's fair to say, I'm closer to Briggs Chaney.

lol, that's some mad shoveling you did. I'd prolly just start it up but keep the spot. I seen a black car buried in snow along the side of the road. It looked like a huge snow bank until I drove by and seen the window. I'm sure a plow truck might think the same thing in the middle of the night.. BAM!

We're supposed to get another foot of snow Tuesday night

They have NOT even plowed the side streets in our subdivision yet. Everyone had to shovel a path to the main road.

Last edited by alkemist; 02-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

That sucks donkey *****! I can't imagine having to SHOVEL a path to the main street!

Welp, I'm in for at least a foot of snow tomorrow. Yeehaw. And no, teaching isn't as "cushy" as it sounds with all those days off--NO snow days are allowed for my district and many surrounding suburbs...superintendents here are paid bonuses for keeping schools open in "inclimate weather". I'll be looking forward to several more 90-minute commutes this season.

Aziraphale---your grille is awesome! Where'd you find it?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Aziraphale
Taken mid-storm Saturday:

And taken Sunday after A LOT of shoveling

Look Ma! There's a car under there!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Yea, they're saying 10-20" of snow Tuesday and I work in Herndon VA ... I'll probably have to just call out another day because if I make it there, it won't be for long before I have to drive back again. I can honestly say I was worried about a plow not seeing my baby and just taking it out. I partially uncovered it Saturday to make sure that wouldn't happen.

I just read the other thread you had with the body shop and wow ... they're really bad. I can tell you my bumper does not look like that! I hope it works out and I'd definitely start bustin some heads.

Oh yea, and if you need some local busting heads muscle, let me know. You just might have to wait till I can actually DRIVE again :-P Damn snow. I love it but ever since I sold my jeep, it has been hard to get around in it!

Last edited by Aziraphale; 02-08-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Look Ma! There's a car under there!
I know right!!

I was so sad to lose my garage and actually have my baby out in the elements. *sigh*
Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I don't think that the snow hurt your car at all.
Sitting in the FL sun and heat all day and all year around will ruin it in 3/4 years.

Quick Reply: wipeout!