Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 weeks till Job 1 and still no word.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Default 3 weeks till Job 1 and still no word.......

Its now less than 3 weeks till Job 1 and I still have no word as to the status of my order which was placed in early May. Is it silly for me to think that I should at least have a VIN# and or build date by now? The Robot lady has no information regarding my order and I dont know if thats something I should be concerned about. Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? (12 weeks in and no info) Although I'd hate to keep pestering the dealership if he really has no information yet, is there anything I should know before I talk to him, which will be sometime within the next 2 weeks? I'll would love to just get a report of some progress. At least then I can join in on some of the great mustang convo's that go on on
this forum.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:57 PM
catchmecoppers

Default RE: 3 weeks till Job 1 and still no word.......

YES!! and it angers me[:@] . I ordered my stang march 28th. When i first ordered it they told me it would be 8 weeks. HAH! its been 5 months now and it not scheduled to be built until july 28th. I am extremely unhappy with my ford dealer because they won't give me a correct date. I talked to one guy today and he told me it would be delivered the 25th. I was like WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! but then the sales manager called and was like, no it'll be mid-august before you get it. i was mega pissed.[:'(]
Old 07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

why not just get an 06 as they will be out soon and you can be the new kid on the block with one
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: catchmecoppers

YES!! and it angers me[:@] . I ordered my stang march 28th. When i first ordered it they told me it would be 8 weeks. HAH! its been 5 months now and it not scheduled to be built until july 28th. I am extremely unhappy with my ford dealer because they won't give me a correct date. I talked to one guy today and he told me it would be delivered the 25th. I was like WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! but then the sales manager called and was like, no it'll be mid-august before you get it. i was mega pissed.[:'(]

How far into the order did you find out about your build date? Did you get a VIN# before that? thats what I'm trying to figure out, if I should have that information by now and what does it say about my order since I dont.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:11 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BTDstang

Its now less than 3 weeks till Job 1 and I still have no word as to the status of my order which was placed in early May. Is it silly for me to think that I should at least have a VIN# and or build date by now? The Robot lady has no information regarding my order and I dont know if thats something I should be concerned about. Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? (12 weeks in and no info) Although I'd hate to keep pestering the dealership if he really has no information yet, is there anything I should know before I talk to him, which will be sometime within the next 2 weeks? I'll would love to just get a report of some progress. At least then I can join in on some of the great mustang convo's that go on on
this forum.
Try using the same order number and when they ask for the year, instead of say 2005, say 2006. It may get built as a 2006. I would imagine if you don't have a VIN yet, then it will be 2006 model.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:14 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

why not just get an 06 as they will be out soon and you can be the new kid on the block with one
vfast

My order went in as an 06, that I know, but with JOB 1 being 3 weeks away should'nt Ford have issued some VIN#'s and build dates for early 06 orders by now? Because thats what mine was, too late for an 05, but too early to pick 06 specs. I've just read on this and other Forums that people who placed orders in June already have build dates and I was just wondering where my order fell.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:53 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I checked the other forum and there are 06 models that do have VIN's assigned. If you don't have a VIN yet and it was an early order like May or before, I would be doing some beotching to the dealer.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I checked the other forum and there are 06 models that do have VIN's assigned. If you don't have a VIN yet and it was an early order like May or before, I would be doing some beotching to the dealer.
Yeah I know!

Anyone else out there with an early '06 order and still know VIN??????????

05BlueGT, how early would you say there should be a VIN# or partial VIN# assigned before a build date? is it right before a build date or WAY before? Do you remember when you got your VIN and how soon after did you get your BD? What information would I need to raise a little hell at the dealership? I dont even know the piority # asiigned to my order and if thats a big deal. Thanks for all the help by the way.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:10 AM
06GT4me

BTDstang:

If your dealer won't tell you your priority number and how many people are ahead of you and how many GT's he will get a month, then it is impossible to guess when your order will get serialized.
Mine was straight with me and I believe him, I put $'s down on an 06 back in April to get in line and when it came time to order officially he said I was his first. Sure enough my vin ends in 607.
I have a ? - are you sure your 05 order was changed to an 06 officially. The dealer has to send it back in and I would think your order number would change. I would demand a VOC and a DORA from him on the 06 order. Let me know if I can be of any more help. PM me or email me if you want.
Dave
Old 07-20-2005, 11:46 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

I have a ? - are you sure your 05 order was changed to an '06 officially.

Dave, The last time I was in the dealership (about two weeks ago) was to make sure that my color was going to change to the color I wanted. Having originally ordered an 05 with Mineral Grey, knowing at the time that Ford was going to discontinue that color, I wanted to make sure that they switched it to Tungsten. At that time the sales rep couldnt confirm whether it was an 05 or 06 order, confirming it is an '06 only a few days after I went in. I didnt demand a VOC or DORA at the time because I really didnt know the importance of them. I dont think it was ever entered as an '05 order, and went in as an '06 when Ford began excepting them. At the time I placed my order there was just about 20 people ahead of me waiting on their cars. About a month ago that number was cut in half. By job one, I'm hoping that theres was only a few people that put in an 05 order ahead of me and the dealership had to change it theirs to an '06 or none at all. I may not be the first, but I should be high on the '06 list and should have gotten some news by now.

In your opinion, by now with no VIN#, the chance are good it wont be build in August?

Thanks for all your help by the way.

Quick Reply: 3 weeks till Job 1 and still no word.......