Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 6 Month Old, Argh...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
carbonsteel

Default My 6 Month Old, Argh...

So I started having this odd problem with my 6 month old Black 2010 Mustang GT Convertible a few weeks ago... Here is the full story. I honestly don't know what to do at this point.

I walk up to my locked car, click the "unlock" button on the remote, and nothing happens--ZERO RESPONSE FROM CAR. Try all the buttons, NOTHING. Manually open the car door, attempt to start, NOTHING. Turn around, get in Mercedes and go where I need to go. When I get home, try again, car responds, starts and opens fine... This has happened 3-4 times the past few weeks.

Last week, I took it into the dealer for an oil change, SYNC problems, and to inspect the computer to see if they can understand what may be happening. They ran an upgrade, called me a few days later and said you're good to go.

I picked up the car, quietly drove home, and when I was stopped went to pair my phone with the "upgraded" SYNC. Nothing. SYNC wouldn't even start. I scheduled to bring my car back in the following Monday morning. Oh well.

Here is where the painful part begins:

Last night I am at my office trying to get caught up. I head down to the garage (3 levels underground in a tight DC garage) and attempt to get in my car. NOTHING. AGAIN!?!?! Called Roadside Assistance. They had two trucks there in about 15 minutes (one to pull it out of the garage, and a flatbed to bring it to the dealer). Awesome! Get my car out, load it on the flatbed, off to dealer. Simple?

When we get to the dealer, the begins to lower my car to the ground. The wheel scrapes the side of the bed (nice big nick in my 19" rim). Next, the front air dam gets pulled up two inches by the safety chain holding the front of the car in, scratches the front lower air dam. Finally, the driver slowly lets his foot off the brake and bam! The car rolls back, smashes the exhaust pipes, bending and scratching my Flowmaster tips to hell, and who knows what other damage at this point. It was 25 degrees outside and dark.

So now I am left with a brand new, sub 4k mile, Mustang that won't start, has a dinged wheel, and whatever else.

I called Ford Roadside Assistance and they want 72 hours to review the issue and get back to me. Awesome.

I called the GM of the dealer, he doesn't know what to do.

I am on the phone with the insurance company.

What would you guys do to deal with this situation? I am appalled right now. At the same time it isn't Ford's fault, the Dealer's fault or the towing company's fault... It kind of is. I have had issues with the dealer when I first bought the car--they delivered me a brand new car and forgot to buff off the paint protector and accidentally coated the interior leather with a treatment I didn't ask for when they handled me the keys... But, I honestly don't know.

Sucky way to end what was a great weekend!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Damn, that sucks. Not even sure where to start. I would first deal with the tow company screwing your car up. Then deal with the stealership to find out why the hell it wont start. Start out firm, but calm and progressively get less calm.

Good luck man.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

agreed, that sucks man. id be soooo mad

i hate most of the towtruck drivers around here, they speed around and most dont give a crap about your car. I was lucky when I had my car towed the guy really liked my car so he made sure he was extra careful. Then when I was on the side of the road with my exhaust hanging from being separated from the mid pipe, the same guy sees me jacks the car up and tightens it up for me.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Since the tow company that did the damage was working for Ford's roadside assistance, it's Ford's responsibility to make things right. But knowing how they can drag their feet, I wish you luck. I feel your pain. And that's not even part of your original problem.

Keep us posted. This one should be interesting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on both the initial car diagnosis and the tow company damage.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
n618ft

How many more "repairs" till you can lemon the car?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Towing company is going to have to fix it. I would get the ball rolling on that while its at the dealer.

I would also tell the dealer keep my car till you fix it. Its probably a battery problem (as usual) and the sync problem is probably a problem with whatever device used for sync. The bluetooth antenna is probably messed up or something.

It always sucks when these problems all come at once but you have to just take it one step and a time.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Since Ford hired that particular towing company to do their road side assistance, that company should be held responsible. Call Ford's Road Side Assistance and tell them what happened, hopefully someone can help you out.

Where in VA are you?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Dam I'm sorry to hear about that. It seems like the towing co. would be responsible since they were contracted for the job. Hope you get everything straightened out soon.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
carbonsteel

Just heard back from the Service Director at the dealer... They are working on the electrical and SYNC issues first and foremost. They have absolutely no idea what the problem is and it seems that the computer is completely erased so there are now no logs. They have to escalate the issue to an actual Ford engineer (maybe corporate?) so who knows what will happen.

Also, Roadside Assistance has called the Dealer and requested pictures and details. The Service Director said the front air dam will need to be replaced as well as the wheel. He isn't sure about the rear-end yet. Regardless, it has to go to the body shop and Roadside Assistance sounds like they are going to cover it. I should find out tomorrow.

At least the Service Director seems to be very supportive of my situation. I'll keep you posted.

In regards to the Lemon Law... I have already been reading about that. In Virginia it states that the care has to be serviced for the same issue three or more times, or it has to be in repair for at least 30 days, all within the first 18-months of ownership, before you can qualify. I have some time still unfortunately...

I do have another question for you guys though. Does this work show up on my Vehicle Report now? Do I need to worry about this crap if/when I get rid of the car? That scares me almost more than the actual problems.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

It could show up it was brought to a body shop (involved in an accident). But as far as bringing it to ford for service, no. It would only show up in fords oasis system or whatever they call it, when you have service.

Quick Reply: My 6 Month Old, Argh...