Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda Competition Front Facia or Roush?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Default Steeda Competition Front Facia or Roush?

Was interested in putting on the steeda competition front facia w/fog lights but wanted to find some feedback on this piece. It has a more aggressive styling that I like without changing the appearance too much. I seen the one from Roush, but steeda looks a little more pleasing to me.

The Roush has a "plug and play" with the fog lights. The steeda doesn't mention if it will require splicing but steeda seems to be geared more towards functionality while the roush is a mix of looks and function, but does not include the chin spoiler.. Too bad I'm not very fond of the Roush rear end, because it needs to be replaced too. Then I could of done a full body kit.. Need help with the decisions.

I would have a body shop install all this though, that is if they can help me out. Still waiting on word from them.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...ront_facia.php

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=536

Last edited by alkemist; 12-08-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

Roush because I want to see what it looks like on your car! :-) I'm partial to SS!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

if you want a full body kit and don't want to use Roush's rear valance.. I recomend the Roush front and sides and the SS rear valance
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I realized that the Roush rear will also require a conversion to the exhaust so it may be out of my price range. IMO, the Roush rear looks best on mustangs with color, especially with racing stripes. May look a little bland on silver. Anyhow, it's still open as to which piece to pick.

Originally Posted by RoushGT 1
if you want a full body kit and don't want to use Roush's rear valance.. I recomend the Roush front and sides and the SS rear valance
I can't seem to find the SS rear valance. hmmm. The Roush front and sides look good, though I don't want to look goofy with a Roush front and stock rear, or am I over thinking things??

Last edited by alkemist; 12-08-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

My vote of course is Steeda

The lower fog light openings can be left alone and used for other purposes and you can keep the factory GT foglights.

Otherwise you would need a separate foglight kit which we list on the site with the fascia. It will have its own wiring harness and switch.

Last edited by SteedaGus; 12-08-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
My vote of course is Steeda

The lower fog light openings can be left alone and used for other purposes and you can keep the factory GT foglights.

Otherwise you would need a separate foglight kit which we list on the site with the fascia. It will have its own wiring harness and switch.
I was considering the front fascia with the extra fog lights installed. Not sure if 4 fog lights would be too much? I am assuming if I keep the stock fog lights, the body shop would have to pull and install a switch in the cabin or can I control all 4 fog lights with the stock switch? What is the norm? Is this front fascia street legal? I seen a notice on the terms and conditions on the Steeda site and I got a little leery.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

roush, i am partial tho lol
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
roush, i am partial tho lol
That's one sick looking mustang. I looked at your pictures. Black looks great in everything, the other color I wish I had lol.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-08-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ponyxps
I realized that the Roush rear will also require a conversion to the exhaust so it may be out of my price range. IMO, the Roush rear looks best on mustangs with color, especially with racing stripes. May look a little bland on silver. Anyhow, it's still open as to which piece to pick.

I can't seem to find the SS rear valance. hmmm. The Roush front and sides look good, though I don't want to look goofy with a Roush front and stock rear, or am I over thinking things??
it's called a Roush 427R I am partial to the whole Roush kit though. I just did the Roush rear valance in September. and the car didn't look bad with just the front and sides.. although it did look like it was missing something IMO.

here is the ss rear valance
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

it would be cheaper to buy roush, since roush sells all there body parts prepainted.

Quick Reply: Steeda Competition Front Facia or Roush?