Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn PA snow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

What kinda tires were you running?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

WTF! You need to re-work your policy son...

Anyway, when you have a no collision policy, it means that the damages to your car aren't covered when... YOU'RE AT FAULT!!!!

In this case, you're not at fault and the moron's Insurance has to cover your repairs.
Don't let them screw you.
You will need a Police Report and it will show that the other guy was at fault (He rear end you).
Your Insurance is out of the loop.

Good luck.

Last edited by pascal; 12-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:22 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rshamekh
First of all, let me start by saying that I've always been confident of driving my Mustang in the snow. Until this unfortunate incident happened and changed my perspective.
First off, glad you're okay. As others have said, the other guy's insurance should fix you right up, and get collision for next time

I would also point out that while I'm sure it has changed your perspective on winter driving, you shouldn't be hard on yourself or the Mustang for that matter; it sounds like you did everything right (going slow, flashers, etc), other than possibly just not driving in the weather, but this sort of thing was going to happen no matter what car you were driving. Good driving can't possibly allow you to dodge all of the idiots on the road, especially those behind you that can't see flashers right in front of them *sheesh*
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
Good driving can't possibly allow you to dodge all of the idiots on the road...
Ain't that the truth.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:22 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by itsokimapilot
You are entitled to get your car fixed where you want it to get fixed.
Yes, I know. That's why I had the car towed to the local Ford dealership where it will be fixed.

Originally Posted by hammeron
sorry to see it but actually it doesn't
look that bad. the breakaway rear bumper
and exhaust work is what is standing
out at the moment.
The body shop is still waiting for the insurance agent to come look at it before they take it apart. But so far, it's the bumper, bumper support, trunk (spare tire area) is bent, 2 right wheels, over-axle pipes and possibly the axle-back.

What I'm really worried about is if the axle was hurt when it hit the curb.
Of course they won't know for sure until they put a new set of wheels on and have it aligned. (Stock wheels go back on for now)

Originally Posted by howarmat
You dont haev full insurance on your car!? thats nuts man. you are stuck waiting for how fast the other drivers insurance goes then which could be a very long procress
I'm actually stuck waiting for the officer to prepare the police report.
I went to the police department today and asked them for a copy and they said they don't have it and that police officers have 10 days to complete them.

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Did you get the insurance information from the other driver? You should be fine since you were rear ended. Usually whenever that happens it's the person who rear ended you that is at fault. In the mean time, once you contact the other driver's insurance company, they will send an adjuster out to figure out how much it going to cost to have your car repaired. Then they recommend a shop that they are affiliated with to send it to.
Yes, I realize that the person who rear end you is at fault 100%, so I'm not worried about that. It's just the long process that I have to go through because I didn't get any insurance information from the other car.

Originally Posted by ponyxps
As people recommended, this is the time to think about doing any additions to your mustang.
That's exactly why I'm upgrading to a CS bumper
The insurance will pay for a new GT bumper and I would just pay the difference.

Originally Posted by Riptide
What kinda tires were you running?
I was still on summer tires. Nitto 555.
Was planning on changing back to stock wheels on tires once I'm done with finals, but unfortunately I didn't get to that point.

Originally Posted by pascal
WTF! You need to re-work your policy son...

Anyway, when you have a no collision policy, it means that the damages to your car aren't covered when... YOU'RE AT FAULT!!!!

In this case, you're not at fault and the moron's Insurance has to cover your repairs.
Don't let them screw you.
You will need a Police Report and it will show that the other guy was at fault (He rear end you).
Your Insurance is out of the loop.

Good luck.
After what happened, I'm definitely upgrading to full coverage on my policy. I know that the other insurance company will cover the costs since they were at fault.
But I just want to save myself from the hassle of obtaining the police report and calling the other insurance company and all the stuff involved.
I would have let my insurance company take care of everything.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Dude that looks horrible! Glad that you are ok tho. Some of those drivers on the road are complete idiots and half of them are blind lol. Hopefully youll get everything fixed in no time. I just got my stang but she'll be hibernating for the winter, away from all the snow and salt covered roads. Good luck!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sh*T man that sucks, sorry to hear about this. keep us posted
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Yes, I realize that the person who rear end you is at fault 100%, so I'm not worried about that. It's just the long process that I have to go through because I didn't get any insurance information from the other car.
Always make sure to collect insurance information, name, tags from the other driver!! It's for your own good. You don't want to go through any extra headaches.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ponyxps
Always make sure to collect insurance information, name, tags from the other driver!! It's for your own good. You don't want to go through any extra headaches.
It's always a good idea to take pictures too.
When my daughter got into an accident, I took pictures of both cars, skid marks and the surrounding area. The other driver was trying to say my daughter was at fault but I had pictures to prove to the insurance investigators something different. The other driver's insurance payed for all of the damages of both cars.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Yes, I know. That's why I had the car towed to the local Ford dealership where it will be fixed.

The body shop is still waiting for the insurance agent to come look at it before they take it apart. But so far, it's the bumper, bumper support, trunk (spare tire area) is bent, 2 right wheels, over-axle pipes and possibly the axle-back.

What I'm really worried about is if the axle was hurt when it hit the curb.
Of course they won't know for sure until they put a new set of wheels on and have it aligned. (Stock wheels go back on for now)

I'm actually stuck waiting for the officer to prepare the police report.
I went to the police department today and asked them for a copy and they said they don't have it and that police officers have 10 days to complete them.

That's exactly why I'm upgrading to a CS bumper
The insurance will pay for a new GT bumper and I would just pay the difference.

I was still on summer tires. Nitto 555.
Was planning on changing back to stock wheels on tires once I'm done with finals, but unfortunately I didn't get to that point.

After what happened, I'm definitely upgrading to full coverage on my policy. I know that the other insurance company will cover the costs since they were at fault.
But I just want to save myself from the hassle of obtaining the police report and calling the other insurance company and all the stuff involved.
I would have let my insurance company take care of everything.
Why would you want to just let your insurance company pay for it? When you do that, YOU have to pay for the deductible and it could cause your insurance company to drop you or go up on your rates.
I know it's a hassle, but in the long run you will be better off to let the other driver's insurance pay for it.

Quick Reply: Damn PA snow!