Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn PA snow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Why would you want to just let your insurance company pay for it? When you do that, YOU have to pay for the deductible and it could cause your insurance company to drop you or go up on your rates.
I know it's a hassle, but in the long run you will be better off to let the other driver's insurance pay for it.
What I meant is that I would let my insurance company take care of everything, then they would compensate from the other insurance company all the costs including the deductible, which is a valid option if you had collision coverage on your car.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Just a little update for those who were following.

I obtained a copy of the police report today and it does show that the other driver was at fault so I called their insurance company and they took care of everything. I will even get a rental car until I get my car back.

I have a quick question, though. The insurance agent asked me today if I wanted the check sent to me or the shop, and I had them send it to the shop. Did I do the right thing? Would I benefit anything by having the check sent to me?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I am having them send me the check for the reasoning that I am adding my own aftermarket parts which would change the estimate.I kinda wanted to keep the insurance out of the loop since they might come back and say 'hey, we didn't approve such and such when they get the final bill'. Those are my thoughts, this is my first time so I don't know if its true or not or exactly how insurance views it. Otherwise sending direct to the shop is for convenience. The adjuster told me she would send the check directly to me.. Still waiting on it.