MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Doug at BamaChips??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/577862-doug-at-bamachips.html)

Stang-aholic 12-17-2009 08:15 PM

Doug at BamaChips???

I recently ordered a C&L intake and SCT tuner combo for my mustang V6, I did all the paper work and forms online. Used the paypal thing and got a confirmation of the order on Mon, Dec 7, 2009 10:51 pm. It is now Thurs, Dec 17, 2009 and I have asked Doug a few times where the order is in the process of things and he just sent me: (*** are name)

Tue, Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Yes, I have your order under ***** * correct?

Thanks,
Douglas Studdard
Please copy any previous response for faster service.
Email is our best method of contact at this time.

Im starting to get worried about what's going on. Does it normally take more than a week before it gets shipped out? If i ordered it on the 7th shouldnt it be at least in shipping.

I understand Doug is a busy guy, but is this normal?

Thanks

Nuke 12-17-2009 08:24 PM

Doug has had his share of problems recently and it has affected his turn-around time. But his work is still top-notch. And with the holidays, I'm sure he's more than up to his eyeballs. I know it's easy for me to say, but be patient.

ABQstang89 12-17-2009 08:47 PM

I would imagine that Doug is ridiculously busy right now with christmas coming up. You will probably have your order before the 25th.

SirKnightTG 12-17-2009 08:53 PM

Yep, it's a one man show over there. I've been working with Doug to get my tune right but it takes almost a week to get a reply back. It's a slow process. :)

jz 12-17-2009 09:03 PM

Yes Doug can be slow at times. But it's worth the wait. There was a post on this forum a month or so ago from doug apologizing for the many delays. Long story short, he had some really tough times with his family, and employees. He's doing his best to get everything back on track. Be patient with him, you'll be happy with the results.

robs 12-17-2009 09:09 PM

Hang tight. You'll get it. Worth the wait. My tune rocks!

laterider 12-17-2009 09:18 PM

Not to get you down (but this might), I ordered a C&L intake + tunes from him on Nov 11th. I still don't have it. I'm fine because I'm already running a brenspeed tune (no CAI) + I've got other perf mods, so its easy for me to wait for one of the best. I've only checked in with him once (and to let him add a gear ratio update to the tunes), so I know its in his in basket, so I can wait.
My thoughts to you are, hang in there!!! It is x-mas time too, so I'm sure thats helping increase the wait. Also, I knew that he was backlogged when I ordered so I was prepared - not sure if you knew this when you ordered and I could understand if you weren't prepared for the wait. Just try to remember you are not buying something that is just average gear. Think about those guys that pay ridiculous prices for real high end stuff and still have to wait quite some time.

flash_xx 12-17-2009 09:23 PM

Heh, I placed my order on Nov 1st and it still hasn't shipped, so good luck.

Stang-aholic 12-17-2009 09:30 PM

wow i did know he was really busy, but never THIS far behind! wow! i guess greatness comes with time. lol if you dont have if from order on Nov. 1st, i May not get it until Jan. oh well.....

Xcelsius 12-17-2009 10:43 PM

I ordered my intake and tunes at the end of October. I got my stuff December..11th i think it was. Thing is he put the wrong tunes in the programmer. I emailed him since thats the only way he has. A day or so after that he replied to an email i had sent twelve days prior. So i guess he will find my need for the right tunes after Christmas. Im willing to give wiggle room for personal problems, but even if his tunes end up shooting gold from my A/C vents, this will have been a very bad experience.