Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro more popular than Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:59 AM
MagicPharm

Thumbs down Camaro more popular than Mustang?

Yes, there are cars other than mustang. Cars that dare to say they may be better than a mustang.

According to www.camarovsmustang.com 70% of people prefer the Camaro compared to the 30% who prefer Mustang
Yes that is MORE THAN TWICE the number of people who like Camaro. A GM made Camaro??? pff

To me Camaro is a stylish $hit box that looks good but after all it is a $hit box that will break repeatedly before hitting 100,000 km. It looks aggressive but b/c of that, once you sit in it AS A PASSENGER you can't see outside. you feel you are in trenches of WWI. Poor visibility, poor quality of material, poor interior design make Camaro a boring ride for your date. hence possibly less spanking/****ing at the end of the day (oh I meant good old fashion stuff, I am not into anything weird, [to self why did I let that slip]).

As far as I am concerned Camaros can $uck my muffler!

>>>>>MY QUESTION: Why do you think more people prefer a Camaro to a mustang?

>>>>>What are advantages or disadvantages of each car compared to the other?

==================================================
***for the sake of conversation please only compare the most basic stock V6s, since it is the best selling trim level for both

***Camaro has been out selling mustang in the last couple of month. But b/c it is just back after I think 8 yrs, you don't see too many of them on the road....

***I am not bias b/c i don't own a mustang.... I am gonna get my baby in 2011 once the new model come out. My opinions are based on unbias research.

Last edited by MagicPharm; 12-22-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 12-22-2009, 03:10 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

70 vs 30? Not based on what I've seen on the road (if we're talking purely 2010 models). I know it's a regional thing but i'm confident in saying I see at least twice as many '10 mustangs driving around than new camaro's. Maybe SoCal is just Mustang territory but if not then those stats should be switched
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

they just havent seen inside the camaro or they havent tried to look out of it >.>
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

They only polled people that live in trailer parks
Old 12-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

I doubt that is an accurate poll. Just take a cruise and you will see the ratio of Mustangs to Camaros is in the Mustang's side. Both the Mustang and the Camaro have their selling points (both are pretty nice rides IMO), but I think the key to the Mustang's success is their versatility. It's both a weekend warrior and an everyday driver. Slightly smaller, lighter, nimble makes it such a great success.

Plus, you can't hate on Camaro owners. Or other car owners for that matter. It's a good think everyone gets to choose their own ride, otherwise things would be real boring on the road if everyone was driving the same car.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

The major turn off for me is that it is made by GM. (Government Motors) And when was the last time the government did anything right? I do like the front end of the Camaro but the rear end like the 2010 Mustangs is horrid!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:16 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MagicPharm
>>>>>MY QUESTION: Why do you think more people prefer a Camaro to a mustang?

What are advantages or disadvantages of each car compared to the other?

***for the sake of conversation please only compare the most basic stock V6s
I think if you asked most folks, they may "say" they prefer a Camaro over a Mustang, only because Camaro's have been absent for a while. As far as actually buying them, some reports say Camaro is outselling Mustang......where? I see three 2010 Mustangs to every 1 Camaro!

As far as advantages or disadvantages depends on the forum you seek the question. It's like going on a Chevy site asking which do they prefer.....Fords or Chevy.

I think it would only be fair to compare the Camaro V6 to a V6 Mustang when the 2011 comes out. By then, the hp will be a lot closer to compare performance and such.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Why would I want a 3875lb pig with crappy handling to my stream lined weight loss project 3400 lb premium package 06' GT coupe with 550HP.

These cars have gotten so heavy, I'm thrilled I chose a platform that can be lightened significantly and over powered easily. God bless the open canvas of the Mustang! Erik
Old 12-22-2009, 07:37 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

it has to be because they have been MIA for several years and they have a band new styling.

I saw one the other day while sitting in traffic on the way to work so I got several good looks at it.

yuck.....
Old 12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

The Camaro's have been outselling the mustangs this year, not because they are so much better but because of pent up demand. It's like the toy companies releasing a hot new toy a month before Christmas and it sells out. It doesn't mean that toy will be number one for the rest of its life cycle. I predict by next year the numbers will start to creep back down for the Camaro's. I saw somewhere that the 2010 Mustang has sold like 60,000 units, which really isn't that much when compared to past years.

Quick Reply: Camaro more popular than Mustang?