Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To: Clutch, Flywheel, K-Member brace w/limiters. (Video Guide)

Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up Done

JD thanks a lot for all your help! I managed to finish some time on Saturday. Test drove and it rides beautifully. Following your tips made it a lot easier. It was indeed piece of cake to put it back on comparing to taking it out (what a bitch that was). All you tips were useful. Particularly lowering the K member and the extensions with articulated joints.

The hydraulic clutch did not need bleeding. I did not even get a drop to fall out the tube. I used a vacuum plug to seal the tube while I was working on the clutch. I guess keeping the break fluid reservoir tight makes all the difference.

One more thing for people that may try it and do not read all the directions.... The dowels on the flywheel, you need to insert them from the back of the flywheel.

Good luck to whomever tries this. And be patient.....

I have done all the work described on my signature except of the gears. For me this was the most frustrating install I have ever successfully attempted (not technically but it is a bitch to take this tranie off).. Have 1 good helper if you are planning to do this.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

ahh, congratulations on getting it all done, told you for some reason it seems to be easier going back in... You wouldn't think so being that you have to get the spline to line up also, but for some reason it just works that way. You have to admit though now, as much of a pain it was the first time, you saved yourself at least 5 or 6 hundred dollars, and if you had to do it again, don't you think it would take you half the time now?

Again, glad to here the rest of your install went well!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by JDWalton
You have to admit though now, as much of a pain it was the first time, you saved yourself at least 5 or 6 hundred dollars, and if you had to do it again, don't you think it would take you half the time now?

Again, glad to here the rest of your install went well!
Definitely glad I did it. It will take less time to take it off now. It will still be a bitch though..lol