Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 front end conversion, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
if any of you guys have a torch fire gt front end pm me, my gf is looking for a gt front end for her sixxer
"Torch Fire"?

My car is Torch Red (The bright fire engine red, not the dark red) Mustang

Anyways, if this is the color you're talking about I can sell you the full GT front end in about a month if you will still be interested.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:49 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TTSRACINGWORLD
There we go again. If the guy wants to change the way his car looks then do it. I'm tired of these people that bash everyone for changing the car to look like a GT or a GT500. When I had my 06 V6, I changed the front to a Roush and now with my 09GT, I changed it to a GT500. I think the Roush and GT500 front end is better looking then the Ford V6 and GT front end. If you need a list of the parts, I have it and you pm me for it. Oh, and here is one more thing about my 09 GT..... I'm turning it into a Knight Rider KITT with the hood scanner and talking ORB.
I wasnt bashing...did you read the bottom??
Where i said i like the look??

BUT!!

I am going to Bash your idea of the hood scanner...cause thats JUST BRUTAL!

good luck with all your future endeavours.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Even better
Heres a list i made with all the prices from tousley fords website and the msrp as of a few months ago
Thanks again for this list.

Wow...just wow. I went by Team Ford in Alpharetta GA, and brought this list to the parts department. Showed the list to the guy and asked for prices on each of these parts. The total? They wanted about 2500$ for all the parts. 40$ for bolts... 495$ for the front bumper alone... is Ford insane?

I asked the guy if this included shipping and he said no. I wish I could have had a document that showed Ford dealership costs on these parts. I would have showed it to the service manager and asked for an explanation.

Is this a stealership decision or did Ford tell their dealers to scalp people on GT500 parts?

How come Tousley Ford can sell this stuff for a reasonable price?

I decided to slowly get the stuff from Ebay and MF. I can get all the parts for around 1300. "F" Ford.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:47 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

I got all my parts for $1000 total. I dont remember which one but one of the brackets is not required. The bracket holding the fender to the bumper is reused.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 PM
HeadonaStick
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
Thanks again for this list.

Wow...just wow. I went by Team Ford in Alpharetta GA, and brought this list to the parts department. Showed the list to the guy and asked for prices on each of these parts. The total? They wanted about 2500$ for all the parts. 40$ for bolts... 495$ for the front bumper alone... is Ford insane?

I asked the guy if this included shipping and he said no. I wish I could have had a document that showed Ford dealership costs on these parts. I would have showed it to the service manager and asked for an explanation.

Is this a stealership decision or did Ford tell their dealers to scalp people on GT500 parts?

How come Tousley Ford can sell this stuff for a reasonable price?

I decided to slowly get the stuff from Ebay and MF. I can get all the parts for around 1300. "F" Ford.
Dealers are free to sell parts for whatever price they want; Ford can only suggest a retail price. The service manager wouldn't have given you an explanation, other than that is their price. Tousley Ford has realized that they can make more selling in volume - through word of mouth they are probably doing a brisk business.

Dealers are independent businesses - if Ford tried to tell them what to sell parts for, they would be guilty of price fixing.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:17 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

So why are the prices going to go up?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeadonaStick
Dealers are free to sell parts for whatever price they want; Ford can only suggest a retail price. The service manager wouldn't have given you an explanation, other than that is their price. Tousley Ford has realized that they can make more selling in volume - through word of mouth they are probably doing a brisk business.

Dealers are independent businesses - if Ford tried to tell them what to sell parts for, they would be guilty of price fixing.
o i c.

i think this dealership may be hurting for sales or something. Even so, any fool with a computer would know better than to buy their parts at super-inflated prices.

This dealership is starting to rub me the wrong way. When I brought in my car for the infamous passenger side water leak, every employee i talked to acted like this was totally unheard of...like it was some "rare" defect and that TSB did not exist; yet this dealership must have sold at least 100 S197's over the years. Also when I went to get my speedo adjusted for aftermarket wheels, I think they charged me and never adjusted it, because it is still off by 2mph, I had it radar checked...

"f" stealerships. Ford is still okay in my book.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Lousy dealerships give Ford a bad name. Was interested in a demo '09. The sales including their sales manager were complete jerks. The negotiations just dropped due to almost refusal of communication on their end. That does not give a person a good impression, especially when first time shopping for a Ford. Ford is cool in my books tho, got no beef with em.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-31-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblue95z
So why are the prices going to go up?
I would like to know the same thing? Why are you suggesting prices will go up?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Even better
Heres a list i made with all the prices from tousley fords website and the msrp as of a few months ago
I recall someone adding these 2 items to the list on one of the many GT500 conversion topics...
7R3Z-16A550-AA, 1, brake cooler
7R3Z-16A550-AB, 1, brake cooler

I'm guessing they have something to do with the vents in the lower grille but I could be wrong.

Each time I come across a post with new info I tend to update a sheet I have

Quick Reply: GT500 front end conversion, a few questions