Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 rust on rear end???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

We'll assume this is your very first car...
Old 12-28-2009, 08:39 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

when the weather changes, i will make it my 1st warm weather project to seal the rust then paint it i have access to friends shop lift....
Old 12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

If it makes you feel better, what the heck, go for it. You will find that it is just surface rust and can be removed easily. A nice coat of make will make your axle look very nice. Don't get too bothered about Nuke. He just likes to go around poking his finger in the eye of unsuspecting users.

Last edited by chronos; 12-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:53 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
If it makes you feel better, what the heck, go for it. You will find that it is just surface rust and can be removed easily. A nice coat of make will make your axle look very nice. Don't get too bothered about Nuke. He just likes to go around poking his finger in the eye of unsuspecting users.

+1

It bothers me too. I agree, its cheesy the axles are like that.

For the record, my 2010 is not my first car, its my 16th. Six of which have been Mustangs.

Last edited by 65Raven65; 12-28-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:37 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I'll live with the rust another day, still on vacation and the road on which i turn on at 530 everyday to come there was head on, so livin another day with rust, good day to be off. and the next commercial after the news, 6,000 off on 2010 GT' s now, damn i sure did not get that deal.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

$6K off? Makes you wonder if it was marked up $5K. That has to be a dealer incentive, not Ford. I know when I bought mine (and I think it's still the same) they had $3K off on V6 and $3,500 off on GT. I got the better deal I think since the GT premium would have been another $10K above mine. The sad part is that living here in Communistfornia the $3K only paid for my taxes, tags, & registration costs.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

as i said in another thread i sent ford a mail with this

"I bought my 2010 Mustang GT in April '09 when all american auto companies need the support of buyers like myself, my dealer Crossroads ford in Cary, NC had to be begged to give my something off on the new car, I had no trade in and put $5,000 down, now they or Ford is giving 6,000 off onm my car and getting ready to release 2011 for what I paid,my dealer can't do anything after the fact so I am asking Ford to step up and give me some sort of Add on be it a supercharger or a upgrade to the Navigation system, or some compensation, it sickens me to see I paid 6,000 more than I had to, please step as the dealer can't they said. Thank you, , PS. I have too much into my car to trade in unless I got top dollar, I've put about 6,000 into this car as well."
Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 PM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it threw me for a loop when we were swaping out my exhaust. No biggie IMHO.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
as i said in another thread i sent ford a mail with this

"I bought my 2010 Mustang GT in April '09 when all american auto companies need the support of buyers like myself, my dealer Crossroads ford in Cary, NC had to be begged to give my something off on the new car, I had no trade in and put $5,000 down, now they or Ford is giving 6,000 off onm my car and getting ready to release 2011 for what I paid,my dealer can't do anything after the fact so I am asking Ford to step up and give me some sort of Add on be it a supercharger or a upgrade to the Navigation system, or some compensation, it sickens me to see I paid 6,000 more than I had to, please step as the dealer can't they said. Thank you, , PS. I have too much into my car to trade in unless I got top dollar, I've put about 6,000 into this car as well."
Well, I wish you the best but I doubt anything will happen. If you think that's bad I felt just as bad if not worse when I bought my wife's new Rav4 last year. We went and bought her car May 17, 2008. I got the best deal I could and was happy UNTIL on June 1st 2008 (13 days after my purchase) they decided to give a $1000 cash back on all new Rav4's. WOW was I pissed. Specially since when I was negotiating the dealers all told me that there wasn't any room to negotiate on Rav4s because they come from Japan and are very popular.

So me being the way I am I called the dealer and they couldn't do anything for me. So they told me to call Toyota. I called and got shifted around to a few different people and it took a little bit of effort (amazing what you'll do when you are steaming mad)(I hate making mistakes). So finally I got Toyota to agree to give me $250 credit to be used on parts or services at my local Toyota dealer. So I went shopping. I got the wife every last doodad she wanted to spoof up her car and I got a couple of years supply of oil & air filters for the Rav. So a little effort can go a long way. Yes, I know I didn't get the $1K, but the way they were putting it was "We really dont have to give you anything at all." I also softened them up by telling them how much I loved the Rav and I was planning on buying a new Camry in 09. I almost did until I decided I wanted a more fun car and got the Mustang instead. Got a much more fun car and for a better price. I doubt Ford will be as customer service oriented as Toyota was. I was surprised I got anything at all, but I know I would have hated myself if I hadn't at least tried.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

yeah i hear ya, check out speed channel now jackson barrett have a iaccoca mustang on there

Quick Reply: 2010 rust on rear end???