Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body shop woes in the making?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

There isnt anything wrong with salvage parts, as long as it is just the sheet metal OEM is OEM, electronic and interior components may be a different story though.

All the sheet metal I need for $300.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:27 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Ran out of talent in the middle of a corner.

Its ok though- Gives me a reason to make a hood, bore out the motor, and supercharge it.
good excuse to make improvements
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Called the shop again.. finally got a date!! To be finished next Friday. The light at the end of the tunnel, I am so excited
They were working on the door today and will be doing the paint job next week along with the final reassembly.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Thats great news. Dont know how youve gone this long without it, I only went 19 days after my incident. Mine wont be fixed for a while, seeing as Im doing it myself in my garage. I wrecked mine back on april 10 2009 so its already been almost a year.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
warnen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Called the shop again.. finally got a date!! To be finished next Friday. The light at the end of the tunnel, I am so excited
They were working on the door today and will be doing the paint job next week along with the final reassembly.
If I were you I would think the following friday so when it gets delayed at the last minute you are not upset and if its really done you're exta happy. My car got delayed over a week at the last minute, wheel mix up and paint delays.

Hope it turns out great for ya.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I have two small jobs in the shop right now and it's been ready for paint for a week now...'
But with all this Global Warming we had, it never got up to 65' until yesterday. So no painting possible.
Glad that rental cars are not involved in this...
Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Insurance company approved repair centers sork so bad.
Been thru the wringer more than once and STILL have the
green overspray on my metallic redfire S197.
Gotta get to Florida and have pascal fix me up.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Gotta get to Florida and have pascal fix me up.
+1!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Called the shop today for an update since it was due for completion. The car won't be ready till next week BUT its not because of their work. The rear replacement bumper did not have a good fitment on my pony so they are trying to get Geico out there to get an OK for the OEM part. So its actually a good thing. I would rather have the OEM and its good to know so far, without seeing the work, they didn't just half *** the rear bumper on and push it out the door.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
redrocker66

What is it with replacement bumpers, anyway? Most insurance companies will only allow for the cheapest, non-OEM parts, and a lot of times they're OK. My F150 had $5500 front right damage this summer, and the replacement bumper also didn't meet the satisfaction of my body shop and they insisted on, and got the money for, a Ford OEM bumper. It's good to have a body shop that knows when a part shouldn't be used. I also took the opportunity to put on an after-market hood. I had it delivered and told them to make sure it was worthy. It was steel, and they said it was actually better than the non-OEM part the insurance company "approved". It looked bad-***, and didn't cost any more than the after-market hood. In these body shop situations, you just have to be an informed consumer, and work with them, ask them and the insurance folks lots of questions. Get your money's worth. Just because you aren't paying for it (insurance settlement), you really ARE paying for it (deductibles, insurance premiums). You want it as close to factory original as humanely possible, and in some cases, like your Roush parts and my hood, you can take the opportunity to make improvements if you work it right. Good luck!

Originally Posted by alkemist
Called the shop today for an update since it was due for completion. The car won't be ready till next week BUT its not because of their work. The rear replacement bumper did not have a good fitment on my pony so they are trying to get Geico out there to get an OK for the OEM part. So its actually a good thing. I would rather have the OEM and its good to know so far, without seeing the work, they didn't just half *** the rear bumper on and push it out the door.

Quick Reply: Body shop woes in the making?