Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another VERY HAPPY Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set customer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

when you put new springs in do you have to get caster camber plates to eliminate tire wear . I read this in a mag and i wasnt sure. I prolly would have done thins mod but i didnt want to spend the extra 300 bucks for the caster camber plates.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

A. The plates are not 300. more like 230 ish, little cheaper wiht forum discount.

B. Every car is different. Mine is riding just fine. I dont drive enough that I am going to notice tire wear anytime soon though.

I will eventualy get plates, but I dont care about taking it apart again either. So it depends on your budget, your willingness to do work, and how your car reacts when it goes back togehter. Oh, also what springs. The pro kit is a moderate drop. Definatly alot lower out there
Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

One thing you might consoder doing is putting a little dab of locktite on the front sway bar end links. Mine came loose several times after the install. it wasn't until I used a wrench on each end and a little dab of locktite to keep them from rattling over bumps.

Wait until you get the shocks. They're awesome.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
A. The plates are not 300. more like 230 ish, little cheaper wiht forum discount.

B. Every car is different. Mine is riding just fine. I dont drive enough that I am going to notice tire wear anytime soon though.

I will eventualy get plates, but I dont care about taking it apart again either. So it depends on your budget, your willingness to do work, and how your car reacts when it goes back togehter. Oh, also what springs. The pro kit is a moderate drop. Definatly alot lower out there
A. Im pretty sure they were the Eibach pro kit's.

B. 1 year ago they were 300 when i looked at them.

C. Thanks..i think i will get them.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

Congrats JD. I got my Steeda Ultralites on Thursday and installed them on Thursday. Like you said, this is one of the easier mods to do.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Awesome, get some pics!!!

I have Eibach's on mine as well. I should get Tokico's D-specs delivered Monday from AM. Can't wait to istall!!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

Yep love my Pro springs also! I went with the Koni Yellow's though... I love the way my car rides and handles!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

all right, well if

then by all means I'll get some pics for you guys. Just dont say that I didnt warn you, this is how its been seance I drove it home....

So before the install i could stand my hand up between the tire and the body. Now I can get about two fingers. Not the most technical way of measuring, but I would it did exactly as advitised. About 1.5" rear, about 1.3" front. Like I said drive was great.... just havent been able to drive it seance....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
darkhorse_07

You guys at all familiar with the stage 3 suspension kit versus the Eibach? I've heard conflicting things on the caster/camber too. Out of 5 people (installers and sellers)...

1 - said definitely
1 - said no need
3 - said optional

The steeda caster/camber plates are $270 most places online, with the MM at $330. If they are cheaper through here some how, please someone let me know. I'll also need a panhard bar too, so a price on that would be goodies.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

I'm thinking you are going to end up needing to adjust the camber....and what about a panhard bar?

Quick Reply: Another VERY HAPPY Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set customer!