Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO

HI GUYS,

First of all best wishes!!!! for all of you from The Netherlands

I have finally installed the supercharger on my Mustang 2005 a vortec HO , but now the light is coming on "CHeck Enigne"the mechanic said that is was because of the low rmp when the car is not driving "flight idle" he has checked everything air fuel ratio etc and all was good .the tune was with the diablo predator but we don't no exactly how to use it.....the tuner here is 1 of the best from BMW Tuners so i think when he is saying nothing to worry about ...i must believe it....
what do you guys can advise me...??? and what is the best next mod i can do 3.73 gears?? or other things ???
Attached Thumbnails HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO-getattachment.jpg   HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO-744235789_5_zyo6.jpg   HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO-744235745_5_c5-p.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

let's start with the data trouble code.

use the diablo and read the code for
us.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Yes see if you can pull the code. I can say for certain that when I had my 00 GT my Vortech kit never caused a check engine light. Not to discredit the BMW tuner but the Mustang is a different beast in my opinion. Another good option is to give Brenspeed a call they sell the vortech kit there and from what other members told me the tune they give you with the kit is great. Not to mention all their tunes to my knowledge are safe and have been tested on their project cars. It might cost you $100 but it will be from one of the top Mustang tuners.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
let's start with the data trouble code.

use the diablo and read the code for
us.
the trouble code is an excellent place to start. it might be something simple.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

thanks i am going to bring my car tomorrow and then i will know the code. i will already had contact with brenspeed ..but they use the sct handtuner
Old 01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Im sorry man I forgot you said Diablo. I would recommend Doug at bamachips but he is slammed with stuff right now I don't think he will get back to you asap. Like onederful said it may be something simple we can help with the code.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

if i want to change gears is it possible with diablo ? or better to buy another 1 from Brenspeed sct>?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
if i want to change gears is it possible with diablo ? or better to buy another 1 from Brenspeed sct>?
You should be able to use the Predator hand held tuner.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

In regards to the gears. I don't think you need to buy another handheld programmer. From my experience Diablo will work just as well. It is capable to my knowledge to do anything the SCT does. I used to have one for my 03 cobra which worked great. However with the S197 it seems like there are more tuners who are supporting SCT right now. I am sure you know its not the handheld programmer it is the tuner who is writing the tunes. Tillman, VMP, and Brenspeed are all very well known and all seem to be supporting SCT at the moment. Doug at Bamachips who is awesome will do SCT or Diablo. If you are willing to wait a while you can give him a try. Do a search through the forums, there is plenty of good information on all the tuners and plenty of others I am sure I didn't mention. I am sure since you say that your tuner is good that they can handle the job. I am always one for a second opinion which is why I recommended you call Brenspeed. It is always great to have a second opinion especially when you are dealing with something that can be really expensive to fix. Let us know what code you come up with.

Last edited by gt/cs07; 01-04-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

thanks man!!! i will say tommorow what the code is.

Thanks again for your help

Quick Reply: HELP:supercharged "check enigne"vortec HO