Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 and/or GT/CS Front End Conversions....info please

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default GT500 and/or GT/CS Front End Conversions....info please

I found a few places to get the GT500 front end conversion if I were to do in the future...as well as the GT/CS.....definitely would like to work my pony package grill with fogs into it some how not sure how yet.....I know it can be done to a GT/CS bumper.

My concern is with the front ground clearance with these bumpers.....I have pretty bad hills by me and just don't feel like ripping off a $2,000 investment when I bring it home from the shop if I were to get it done.

If possible i need ground clearance of the GT500 and GT/CS Front End on flat surface as well on other angles if any of you don't mine. I have a V6 so mine may sit higher than a GT Possibily not sure.

If any of you can share info on good pricing for these items as well how much paint was or how hard install was; it would all be greatly appreciated.

I feel like asking friends of mine with GT with a Chin spoiler to come by my house so i can test it but I just don't want them damaging it; so I haven't.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Check out the sticky, its a bit to weed thru but may answer some of your questions. I don't have either one (having a roush installed) but just to give you a heads up if you don't want to wait for additional info or want reading material. IMO, if you deal with a lot of steep hills, a chin spoiler is probably not a good idea, especially if you think about lowering. Hopefully some of the other guys will chirp in and provide better feedback.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

thanks will do....been looking but i need approximates...will post pictures of my hill angles and my driveway....a mission in itself.....but its pavers so my dad and i can level it to work with my car.

Just hoping I can get one of those 2. Definitely will never lower mine lol
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

I can tell you that if it is not a gradual incline then your going to scrap. For instance from the flat street to going up a very steep driveway like many homes in PA (only know about it as I have family there) it will be an issue. I have a pretty steep driveway at my house but as long as I take it easy pulling in I have no problems. My neighbor has an M3 that is lower than my Mustang and he makes it in his driveway no problem.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ah okay fun, any chance you can get me an estimate on the ground clearance? I know my friend clears it with his gt but he has flat chin spoiler and not a Gt/cs bumper
Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
ah okay fun, any chance you can get me an estimate on the ground clearance? I know my friend clears it with his gt but he has flat chin spoiler and not a Gt/cs bumper
Did a web search and wikipedia states the GT/CS bumper is 1.5" lower than stock GT. You can take a look at the manual. They have the specs in the back for the v6 and GT. Hope it helps.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

on the GTCS there really is alot more clearance than you might think, I am running 18's with about a 1"drop, here is a pic of the front of my car, I dont have to many places that I have to worry about, unless it is a drastic change in elevation, or a high curb, I can get you a measurement tonight, hope these help you out some

Old 01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

Theres a decent amount of steep inclines around here... so far i've scraped my exhaust a couple times but not the GT500 splitter yet lol
Old 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
Theres a decent amount of steep inclines around here... so far i've scraped my exhaust a couple times but not the GT500 splitter yet lol
Lol, I'm going hate finding out how the Roush chin spoiler will fair going up and down my driveway.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
on the GTCS there really is alot more clearance than you might think, I am running 18's with about a 1"drop, here is a pic of the front of my car, I dont have to many places that I have to worry about, unless it is a drastic change in elevation, or a high curb, I can get you a measurement tonight, hope these help you out some

Looks great! I have the same wheels but deep dish....definitely would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: GT500 and/or GT/CS Front End Conversions....info please