Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed emissions - O2 sensors not ready, CAI / tune problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

Default Failed emissions - O2 sensors not ready, CAI / tune problem?

So I failed the emissions part of my inspection today because the O2 sensors weren't ready. I did some searching here and it seems like my tune is the problem, someone else said their tune from brenspeed automatically turned off the O2 sensors (I got mine from bamachips but maybe theirs does the same thing).

Just wondering if any other bamachips people had the same problem and how they resolved it. Looks like my options are to return the vehicle to stock and drive around for a week, or to see if bamachips has an inspections-friendly tune I can use. I'll contact them in a minute but not sure if they're around since it's the weekend, so in the meantime anyone else using a bamachips tune know if they have an inspections-friendly tune they'll be able to send me (maybe save me the trouble of hunting down my stock air intake etc).

Thanks in advance all
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike521
So I failed the emissions part of my inspection today because the O2 sensors weren't ready. I did some searching here and it seems like my tune is the problem, someone else said their tune from brenspeed automatically turned off the O2 sensors (I got mine from bamachips but maybe theirs does the same thing).

Just wondering if any other bamachips people had the same problem and how they resolved it. Looks like my options are to return the vehicle to stock and drive around for a week, or to see if bamachips has an inspections-friendly tune I can use. I'll contact them in a minute but not sure if they're around since it's the weekend, so in the meantime anyone else using a bamachips tune know if they have an inspections-friendly tune they'll be able to send me (maybe save me the trouble of hunting down my stock air intake etc).

Thanks in advance all
Im in the same boat. with my offroad x pipe my bamachips tune has the 02 sensors off. Im still waiting for doug to return my email with an inspection tune.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svtsupremecy
Im in the same boat. with my offroad x pipe my bamachips tune has the 02 sensors off. Im still waiting for doug to return my email with an inspection tune.
that blows, how long have you been waiting? I just emailed him a minute ago, there's no phone number on their site
Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

In my order from Brenspeed, in their questionaire, they ask if you are in an emissions testing state so they can do an "emission friendly" tune. It's a possibility that was missed and the sensors were turned off.

Tunes are customized for each individual vehicle.. unless you find a canned tune.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svtsupremecy
An inspection tune exists?

How does it work? Shows the rear o2's as active even thought there are no cats ?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike521
that blows, how long have you been waiting? I just emailed him a minute ago, there's no phone number on their site
mmmm about 2 weeks.....im hoping for an email back soon
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Wow, your car is an 07 & you require a smog already? & I thought California's smog laws sucked, I've got 2 more years I think before a smog.

Rick
Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM
KoolerSL2
1st Gear Member

def sounds like a tune problem.
if you still have the stock h pipe just swap the factory airbox and tune back on and drive for a few days. this way all the O2's and OBD test are ready.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

If you have a diablo tuner you can turn the O2s on and off.....its in the HEGO settings and in the manual too....if you have SCT you are SOL
Old 01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

If you just have an intake and tune.... it's easier just to put the oldintake on and load the stock tune. It takes like 10 minutes... and you know for certian there will be no issues. Just make sure you drive for about 50 or more miles in mixed driving conditions. Even if you load an inpection-ready tune... the sensors still need time to show up as "ready".

If you chose to go with an "off road" setup with no cats... and live in a state with emissions testing.... then... good luck

Quick Reply: Failed emissions - O2 sensors not ready, CAI / tune problem?