Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone on the forum willing to admit their Stang was on the Weather CHannel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

A guy on the Today Show thought since he lives in Colorado made him an expert for winter driving. He enrolled in a Snow Driving Course and found out he wasn't so hot.

It's true in the south many folks are not experienced with driving in the snow, so when it snows in this area, many stay home. We don't have that many trucks to clear the roads. They usually spray the bridges and over-passes first.
One area up north uses Vodka by-products to de-ice the roadways.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
After living in the north all my life and then recently being in western Kentucky for 2 winters, I couldn't help laugh my azz off when they were ready to call in the National Guard because they were forecasting 3" of snow the 2nd winter I was there. I never even put the SUV in 4WD the 2 years I was there other than to exercise the drive train and mechanisms.

I can understand the fear that most people have when they see snow or ice for the first time or on that rare occasion. Best thing for those that can is to stay home. It's safer for those that know how to handle it.
The problem in the south is that the road departments are not set up to handle snow or ice and when it happens that inch or two of snow turns into a 1/4 of ice and things get crazy. The best they can do is drive around in the city dump truck throwing sand out on the road.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
The problem in the south is that the road departments are not set up to handle snow or ice and when it happens that inch or two of snow turns into a 1/4 of ice and things get crazy. The best they can do is drive around in the city dump truck throwing sand out on the road.
Oh yeah--I didn't think of that. Durr!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Yep, same here!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

me bein from florida got worried when it started sleeting (lightly) and didnt have time to cover the car. lol i would die if i saw my car covered in snow!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

After living in the north all my life and then recently being in western Kentucky for 2 winters, I couldn't help laugh my azz off when they were ready to call in the National Guard because they were forecasting 3" of snow the 2nd winter I was there. I never even put the SUV in 4WD the 2 years I was there other than to exercise the drive train and mechanisms.

I can understand the fear that most people have when they see snow or ice for the first time or on that rare occasion. Best thing for those that can is to stay home. It's safer for those that know how to handle it.
+1^^

Lmfao, I've lived in Wisconsin for 10 years and snow here in MD is nothing. I laugh when people panic over a few inches of snow. The grocery stores are jammed packed. Granted snow removal here is terrible compared to up north, but I'm sure people won't starve over 1 day of staying home, which I highly recommend they do, cuz we got more than enough tards on the road.

As for the inexperienced.. people should just use logic, common sense, and take it easy.. but apparently many drivers lack that these days. Better to be safe than sorry.

Now I'm kinda interested to see that crash. Do they have it on their website??

Originally Posted by satur9poet
Dunno who's white pony that was in the video, but I confess that this is indeed my s197...those with a weak stomach might want to look away:

Nah, that ain't too bad, aside from the road grime. Wait till people see what my car looks like in the shop Now that is not for the weak stomach.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

I know! I nearly toppled out of my chair when I saw what they did to your car. A few dents and dings and they chop the whole side and rear end off!!

Course, the pics I took were after I brushed all the snow off with a broom...the car looked like a giant marshmallow then, lol.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

I saw that footage on the news
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
...the pics I took were after I brushed all the snow off with a broom...the car looked like a giant marshmallow then, lol.
A BROOM???

Please say it isn't so...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

A BROOM???

Please say it isn't so...
Yeah, first with a soft-bristled broom, then finished the job with my trusty snow brush.

Shall I get the defibrillator now or use good old-fashioned CPR?

Quick Reply: Anyone on the forum willing to admit their Stang was on the Weather CHannel?