Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th day with my new car..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Its not only about parking far away BTW. You have to be smart about parking more importantly. If you can, try to park next to a curb so only one side can be parked next to, Also depending what side can be parked next to think about backing in so you open your door into their passenger door. Just in case they are solo your covered, either way you have a better probability of not getting hit if you do that all the time.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lax07
Sucks though a car is never perfect again after being hit
After you get hit, doesn't it make your car have a "damaged title" which significantly lowers the price of the car?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Its not only about parking far away BTW. You have to be smart about parking more importantly. If you can, try to park next to a curb so only one side can be parked next to, Also depending what side can be parked next to think about backing in so you open your door into their passenger door. Just in case they are solo your covered, either way you have a better probability of not getting hit if you do that all the time.
That's exactly how I look at the parking situation, always try to back in with one side next to the curb and the other at the passenger door. Only problem for me is in the crowded lots on campus here at FSU, almost always filled and many people are VERY inconsiderate with regards to door dings and other damage. My first year here someone pulling out of a spot turned too sharply and left a three inch wide gash over drivers side wheel well and then just drove away. 500$ deductable, about $950 for the repair if I remember correctly, worst part was looking at the damage for a few months until I could get to a body shop I trust.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Yea that sucks. We can only do so much when it really comes down to it. You can be as careful as possible and still get hit or you could be careless and be perfectly fine like my old corrolla. Its a crap shoot.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
After you get hit, doesn't it make your car have a "damaged title" which significantly lowers the price of the car?
That's if you get into an accident/incident and claim it with insurance. Nobody would never know if you never reported it. That is why carfax is not 100% accurate and you can't just rely on the information "turned in".
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Yea that sucks. We can only do so much when it really comes down to it. You can be as careful as possible and still get hit or you could be careless and be perfectly fine like my old corrolla. Its a crap shoot.
Which reminds me.. Some idiot at work must of tried to back in their car and busted my front headlight of my previous car, also a corolla and never claimed responsibility about it!! Would expect it to be at some public space but at my workplace?? C'mon, and its not a huge lot/building either!! I never really cared about where I parked my corolla but I gotta say my mustang is a ding magnet compared to it.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Yea I hear ya,or maybe corrollas are just tanks haha.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I park as far away as possible. My wife gives me grief about it but I warned her about that when I bought the '10.

What is funny is that I'll sometimes park a good 15- 20 spots away from the next guy and when I come back out of the store there is a little 'island' of cars all around mine.

At work I try to park in the overflow lot behind the main parking area but today there are a bunch of contruction trucks and trailers there so I have to park with the masses... I am a bit nervous.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Idk why ppl complain about parking far. IMO, its just much needed exercise. Why drive around in loops all over the lot to get a closer spot when you could have parked a little further away and be where you need to be already.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

If they are nice cars, I don't mind if they park next to me. Like when I parked next to the 2010, I KNEW it wasn't going to hit me. Need to get another stang on the other side...

"Reserved parking for cool cars only!"

Quick Reply: 4th day with my new car..