Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Addition and using Rear Facing Infant Seat in 2010 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Default New Addition and using Rear Facing Infant Seat in 2010 GT

Hey Guys,

my wife just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl recently and I was a bit nervous about how a rear facing infant seat would go. So I looked up what was a good seat and made sure it had the LATCH, (2010 mustangs come with LATCH). So I put in the base by attaching the LATCH anchors in the base to the car then seatbelt. Once, the base is in, really all your work is done. The actual seat just locks in and makes for an easy in/out of car(just make sure seat is level).

In case anyone was wondering I went with the Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat Bombay

http://www.babygiftsoutlet.com/prd/g...y.html#reviews

Don't believe these reviews posted regarding the seat. No offense to some of the women but I don't believe they really have a true concept of heavy as most aren't lifting things like men. Anyways, this seat fits really well and provides great support for my daughter. The 2010 gt mustang fit her and my wife comfortably in the back seat (wife is about 5'4). Any other fathers that are curious about this or have any questions don't be shy. I was in your shoes too.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Dude, I'll give you one piece of advice from experience, put a towel under the car seat between it and your car's seat. If you don't you will have baby cars seat marks permanently etched into your Mustang's seat. Been there, done that. When my daughter was born we had two Accords. I always put a towel on the seat of my car and never had any marks to worry about. My wife on the other hand thought I was crazy so she didn't. After a while her seats became permanently marked. After we no longer needed the car seats, I could never get those marks to go away no matter how hard I tried. Why is it women never listen? Anyway, those cars are gone now, so I don't have to look at those marks any more.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

wow! solid advise Chronos, I'm going to do that today. Will a regular bath towel work or does the thickness matter?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

It depends on many factors. Do you have cloth or leather seats? Does the baby seat have hard plastic pads or padded pads to it? Short answer, I would say the thicker the better. I used to take a beach towel and double it up and lay it down. Never had a problem with it that way. If you have leather seats you want to be really careful since they can tear more easily than cloth. We had the cloth seats, so the harm was just the imprints in the cloth. Once she gets older and you have the upright seat remember to cover the seat back also.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
It depends on many factors. Do you have cloth or leather seats? Does the baby seat have hard plastic pads or padded pads to it? Short answer, I would say the thicker the better. I used to take a beach towel and double it up and lay it down. Never had a problem with it that way. If you have leather seats you want to be really careful since they can tear more easily than cloth. We had the cloth seats, so the harm was just the imprints in the cloth. Once she gets older and you have the upright seat remember to cover the seat back also.
They are leather seats. so I'll go with doubling it up and putting it down. That should work